A sleek countdown animation appears at the beginning of the Timer app, followed by an alarm that is similar to water. The perfect solution for keeping meetings on track, keeping track of timed tasks, and even using it to meditate in the middle of meetings. As the timer is counting down, the current time is displayed at the center of the screen along with the current time.
There are a number of time lengths you can choose from to start the timer, including: 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes, 25 minutes, and 30 minutes. You can customize the length of the timer up to 100 minutes by entering your own custom values.
- Desktop client for Zoom
- If you are using Windows, you must have version 5.7.3 or higher
- Version 5.7.3 or higher is required for macOS
- An account with Zoom is required.
- There has been an addition made to your network or firewall‘s URL Allowlist which allows the Timer app URL to be accessed: https://timer.zoomapp.cloud/ by your administrator.
How to install from the App Marketplace
As part of the Zoom desktop client, there is a Timer app that is displayed in your list of apps on the left of the screen.
In order to manually install the app, follow these steps:
- Enter Timer in the Search field in the Zoom Marketplace so you can find the app by logging in.
- Click on the Add button.
- Please review the permissions that have been requested, and click the Authorize button.
In the Zoom desktop client, the app can be found under the Apps section once it has been installed.
How to use the Zoom Timer App
Timer apps can be launched both from the Apps tab in the Zoom client or within a Zoom meeting by selecting the Timers app from the Apps tab.
It is possible to choose a preset time interval or you can type in a custom interval up to 100 minutes in length.
How to uninstall from the App Marketplace
- You can access the Zoom Marketplace by logging into your Zoom account and navigating to the Zoom Marketplace page.
- Look for the Timer app in the app store and click on it.
- To remove the application, click on the Remove button.
During Zoom meetings, users can open the application and display the timer in the participant video by using the zoomapp:inmeeting scope. No personal information is shared by the app with any third parties.
It is recommended that you take a look at the full list of Zoom Apps SDK methods that this app can access:
- setVirtualForeground – The timer may be demonstrated to meeting participants by adding an image to the foreground of their video to provide a visual representation of the timer.
- removeVirtualForeground – A method that allows you to remove an image from the foreground of the user’s video that was set up using setVirtualForeground from the user’s video.
- onMyMediaChange – The app receives notifications when a user’s video settings are changed, for example, when the user enables or disables video, and when the audio is muted or unmuted by the user.
- Note: A request for this event is made by the app in order to make sure that the clock is displayed with the right dimensions and aspect ratio in relation to the video stream of the user.