This post was most recently updated on July 23rd, 2022
Zoom Room meetings can be recorded to the cloud or to a local device by remote participants.
This article covers:
- How to record in-meeting
- Recording to the cloud
- Recording to a local device
- How to view the recording
- Viewing cloud recordings for scheduled meetings
- Viewing cloud recordings for instant meetings
- Viewing local recordings
Prerequisites for recording in Zoom Rooms
- License for Zoom Rooms
- Versions 5.0.5 and higher of Zoom Rooms
- Versions 5.0.5 and higher of the Zoom Rooms controller
- Zoom Rooms can record locally or in the cloud
- For the meeting, host privileges are required
How to record in-meeting
Recording to the cloud
- Zoom Room controllers allow you to start an instant meeting or schedule a meeting
- You can start recording by tapping the Start Recording button on your controller:
- Using the Stop Recording option or selecting Leave and then clicking End Meeting for all, you will be able to stop your audio recording.
Recording to a local device
- On your Zoom Room controller, start an instant or scheduled meeting
- Select the participant to whom you want to grant recording privileges and tap Manage Participants. Provide the privileges by tapping Allow Recording.
- Recording can be started by clicking Record.
How to view the recording
Viewing cloud recordings for scheduled meetings
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Click on Recordings.
- The cloud recording files can be viewed by clicking on the meeting topic.
In order to view or download the recording file, the host receives an email notification.
Viewing cloud recordings for instant meetings
The link to the cloud recording will be sent to the email address that was entered when the recording was started. This email includes a link to view or download the recording file.
Viewing local recordings
Your Zoom client settings can tell you where your local recordings will be saved.
- Log into Zoom’s desktop client.
- You can change your profile settings by clicking your profile picture.
- Click on Recording.
- The following options are available beside Local Recording:
- The local recordings folder will be opened when you click Open.