This post was most recently updated on July 22nd, 2022
Scheduling a Meeting vs Starting an Instant Meeting
Instant meetings and scheduled meetings are two types of meetings.
Scheduled meetings and instant meetings.
A meeting can be started at any time, and participants can then join the meeting at any time. In a chat with a contact or another channel, click New Meeting from the main dialog box or select Meet with Video from the video camera.
You can schedule future meetings either as one-time meetings or as recurring meetings. You can schedule future meetings by opening your calendar (or manually opening your contacts’ calendars) or by sending an email invitation. By using these methods, your meetup can be webinar page. Here you will see a list of scheduled for a specific time/date and you can invite others to attend.
One-time or recurring meetings can be scheduled in the future. Meetings can be scheduled in several ways. It is possible to invite your participants in advance by including the invitation on a calendar or by sending an email invitation. For more information, see the meeting ID and scheduling section.
These methods allow you to start an instant meeting. Meetings start instantly and anyone can join at any time. If you want, you can invite others to join the meeting. The Personal Meeting ID is the number you use for instant meetings.
In order to begin an instant meeting, please follow these steps:
- Click the New Meeting button on the Zoom client’s home page.
There are also instant meeting options available by clicking the downward arrow.
- You can start an instant meeting with a contact in a chat or another channel by clicking on the video camera while in a chat.
Alternatively, you can click on the down arrow for the options for instant meetings.
- You need to sign in to your account on the Zoom website and click on ‘Host a meeting’ to begin the process.
- Please note:
- When you start a meeting from the Zoom desktop client, Zoom mobile app, or the Zoom website, the instant meeting ID will expire as soon as the meeting ends. It is important to note that instant meeting IDs scheduled through the API will expire within 24 to 48 hours of their creation.
- Scheduling meetings
- Personal meeting ID (PMI) and personal link
- Meeting and Webinar IDs
- Using Personal Meeting ID (PMI)
- Zoom how-to video tutorials
All Credits – Zoom.us