Zoom Rooms has the ability to start a meeting with only PSTN/Telephony (telephone dialing) audio as the basis for the meeting. There is a requirement that you must have a PSTN phone, VoIP phone or SIP dialer in the Zoom Room. For example, Revolabs UC1500/1000 is a good example.
- The Zoom Rooms software version 5.1.0 or higher is required
- You can dial a PSTN number, a VoIP number, or a SIP number
How to start a telephone only Zoom Rooms meeting
- When scheduling a meeting, you can select Telephone under the Audio options on the web portal or desktop client.
- The Zoom Rooms controller is used to start the meeting.
- To view the join details for a meeting, click the info icon beside the Meeting ID.
- You will need to dial the number that is displayed, as well as the meeting ID and participant ID if you are using a PSTN, VoIP, or SIP dialer.
Note: For the audio to bind with Zoom Rooms, you must enter the correct participant ID, or you will encounter echo when accessing the Zoom Rooms.