There is a whiteboard included in Zoom Rooms for Touch. When you start a whiteboard session, you can invite others to join you in the session, so that they can view and comment. Whenever you wish, you can save the whiteboard image as well as any annotations you have made on it by emailing the image file to the recipients you specify in the email.
As another feature of the whiteboard, if you have a touchscreen monitor that is compatible with the whiteboard, you can have up to 10 points of touch.
You can find information about Zoom Whiteboard on this website, if you are interested in learning more about it.
There are several topics covered in this article, including:
- How to start a whiteboard session and use the controls
- How to use the drawing tools (free form and smart recognition drawing)
- How to invite participants to a whiteboard session
- How to save a whiteboard session
- How to restrict sending whiteboards to internal users (admin)
Prerequisites for using the whiteboard in Zoom Rooms for Touch
- Conference Rooms for Zoom Rooms for Windows, version 5.3.0 or later
- Windows 8.1 or a higher version of Windows is required
- On the computer, you need to install the touch drivers
- A single touchscreen monitor or a number of touchscreen monitors can be used
- The Zoom for Home device must be compatible with Zoom for Home
How to start a whiteboard session and use the controls
- You can access the Whiteboard by tapping it from the home screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, there is a whiteboard control bar that is displayed, which allows you to switch from the default color (black) to another color (red, yellow, green, or blue) when attempting to draw on the screen.In addition to these features, you will also have access to the following:
- Return to the home screen by closing the whiteboard and returning to the main screen.
- Moon icon :
- The whiteboard background should be changed to black in order to make it easier to read.
- Save icon :
- A PDF or an image of the whiteboard can be emailed as an attachment.
- Add page icon :
- Create a new whiteboard page by clicking on the add a new page button. When you add a new page, you will be able to see an icon which shows the number of pages that have been added. Viewing and deleting pages can be done by tapping this icon.
- Drawing tools
- NEW SHARE: Share your screen by clicking on the share button. As soon as you start the screen share, you will be able to access the drawing tools that are available.
- START MEETING: Share the whiteboard with all participants at the beginning of the meeting. At the bottom-right corner of your screen, you will be able to see these options after starting a meeting:
How to use the drawing tools (free form and smart recognition drawing)
Zoom Rooms for Touch allows you to use two types of drawing methods when you start a whiteboard session. These methods are:
- Free form: When you use Zoom, your lines will not be smoothed out or your drawings will not automatically be turned into shapes. You will be able to see your drawings exactly how you drew them on the whiteboard.
- Smart recognition drawing: When you draw on the touchscreen monitor, Zoom will automatically smooth out your lines and automatically convert your drawings into shapes as soon as you finish drawing.
These tools are not only available on the whiteboard, but they can also be used when annotating on the screen that a participant is sharing.
- In the bottom bar, you will see an icon that looks like a pencil or a shape.
- The following methods can be used to draw:
- Free form: Choose None as the option. The thickness of the line can also be changed.
- Smart recognition: The smart recognition drawing feature can be turned on by selecting the Shape option. As well as changing the thickness of the line, you can also change the color.
- To begin drawing, simply pick a color on the screen and touch it to start.
- By tapping the screen, you will be able to draw on it.
- In order to undo your last drawing, click the undo icon, or click the trash bin icon in order to clear all the drawings from whatever whiteboard you are currently working on.
Read it also –
|How To Share A Classic Whiteboard In Zoom|
|Setting Up A Classic Companion Whiteboard In A Zoom Room|
|Use The Whiteboard With Zoom Rooms For Touch|
|Enabling Classic Whiteboard In Zoom App|
|Is There A Whiteboard Function In Zoom App|
How to invite participants to a whiteboard session
A whiteboard session can be created outside of a meeting, but it can be shared with remote participants by making a meeting and starting one outside of it. If you invite the participants to the meeting, you will be able to share the whiteboard that you have been using during the meeting with them.
The whiteboard session will appear on the touchscreen monitor if you have set up Zoom Rooms for Touch with dual monitors, while the participants’ videos will appear on the regular monitor if you have configured Zoom Rooms for Touch with dual monitors.
- You can access the Whiteboard from the home screen by tapping it.
- You can start drawing by selecting a color and tapping it.
- The bottom-right corner of the screen has a button that says START MEETING.
- You can display the integrated controller by tapping the ellipses icon (…) in the bottom-right section of the screen.
- In the meeting controls, click on the Invite button.
- Search for contacts that you would like to invite using the search bar on the left side of the screen.
- From the search results, select the participants you want to invite, and then tap on the Invite button.
There will be a whiteboard you will be sharing with all participants, and they will be able to annotate the whiteboard using the whiteboard annotation tools included in Zoom that they have installed.
How to save a whiteboard session
By sending an email containing an image or PDF of a whiteboard session, you will be able to save and share the entire session, including annotations.
There will be separate images for each page of your whiteboard if your whiteboard has more than one page. It is important to note that if you select PDF, all whiteboard pages will be included in one PDF file.
- Start a whiteboard session by clicking the button below.
- In the whiteboard controls, you will find an icon that says “save”.
- In the event that you have multiple whiteboard pages, you will be prompted to select the ones you wish to send from a list.
- The whiteboard will be emailed to the email address you provide below.
- Please select a format for the whiteboard in the bottom-right corner of the screen. The PDF option can be selected if you would like to send multiple whiteboard pages in one file if you have multiple whiteboard pages.
- Click on the Send button to send the message.
There will be a subject line on the whiteboard that reads Saved Whiteboard Image(s). It is the name of the room that will be used as the sender.
How to restrict sending whiteboards to internal users (admin)
As a security measure, Zoom Rooms for Touch whiteboards can be restricted so that they can only be shared with internal users. At the account level, you can enable this option or you can enable it on a per-device basis.
- Log into the Zoom web portal by entering your Zoom username and password.
- In the Room Management window, click Zoom Rooms and then click the Manage Rooms button.
- This setting can be enabled for a specific room or location using the location hierarchy that is available for that room or location. It can be enabled for the entire account by clicking on Account Settings.
- To start a meeting, click the Meeting button.
- If you want to send whiteboards to internal contacts only, you will need to ensure that this option is enabled.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can zoom breakout rooms use whiteboard?
How do you use zoom rooms for touch?
- In order to set up a conference room, you need to sign in to Zoom Rooms.
- Select the Touchscreen Displays drop-down menu from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the Display tab on the touchscreen monitor. If you click on that menu, the Touchscreen Displays screen will open. …
- During a meeting, the touchscreen monitor will display the whiteboard as well as all meeting functions, while the regular monitor will display the video feed of everyone participating in the meeting, while the touchscreen monitor will serve as a means to control the meeting.
How do you use a whiteboard in Zoom Room?
- Using the Zoom Room, you can start a meeting.
- On the screen, click Whiteboard and then click Whiteboard NEW to bring up a virtual whiteboard.
- On the screen, you will be able to configure the permissions for each participant. When you are done with the process, click Open and Collaborate.