Zoom Rooms can be added via the Zoom Room Controller or the web portal.
From the Zoom Room controller, you can quickly create a new Zoom Room. Using the controller, you can set the room name, place, and passcode, as well as integrate a calendar. Use the web portal for additional configuration options.
Prerequisites for adding Zoom Rooms with a Zoom Rooms controller
- In order to meet the requirements for this computer, it must meet the following requirements:
- Devices that are compatible with the controller requirements should be used
- Version 5.1.0 or later of Zoom Rooms for Conference Rooms is required
- Version 5.1.0 or later of the Zoom Rooms Controller is required
Note: There is no support for Zoom Rooms for Touch on the iPad, and instead you need to make use of the Zoom Rooms for Touch controls on the iPad itself; the Zoom Rooms for Touch controls cannot be used with a Zoom Rooms Controller.
How to add Zoom Rooms with a Zoom Rooms controller
- Install the Zoom Rooms Conference Room app and the Zoom Rooms application on the computer and controller, respectively.
- On the computer, open Zoom Rooms.
- On the controller, open the Zoom Rooms app.
- A pairing code will be displayed on the computer. The controller needs to be programmed with this code.
- To sign in, tap the Sign In button on your controller.
- Be sure that you are logged in as the owner of the account, the administrator, or as a user with Zoom Rooms privileges.
- If you are using a Google account, you must sign in with it, or if you are using an email address, you must sign in with it, or if you are using an activation code, you must enter it.
- Add a new room by tapping +Add New Room.
- Please enter the name of the room.
- Click Next.
- To add a calendar, tap the type you want or tap Set Up Later.
- Zoom Rooms allows you to choose locations you have previously created in the admin portal. In any other case, this step will be skipped automatically.
- You can set a room passcode here. Here’s what you need to know about the passcode.
- Then tap Done.
- You are now ready to use your room.