This post was most recently updated on July 23rd, 2022
You can access the Missed Calls page on the Chat tab of the desktop client if you are away from your device or you are unable to participate in a video call right now. These missed meetings will be listed in the Missed Calls section of the desktop client. The list below will show you the invites you missed to live meetings, along with the user or chat channel from which the call originated if the call originated from a chat conversation or channel. The Zoom Phone service allows you to connect with those participants by either allowing you to jump to their chat channel or contact, starting a new Zoom meeting with them, or initiating a Zoom Phone call (the Zoom Phone service is available if you have Zoom Phone service) to the contact who missed the call.
Note: It is important to note that this applies only to meeting invitations sent from a live meeting, and it does not include meeting invitations sent via calendar services or missed Zoom Phone calls that were sent.
Prerequisites for missed meeting calls button
- A desktop client for Zoom is available for download
- Version 5.9.0 or higher is required for Windows
- It is recommended that you use macOS version 5.9.0 or higher
How to check for missed meeting calls
There will be an easy way for you to track all your missed calls for joining an ongoing meeting when you are away from your computer and unable to access your computer. The following steps can be taken in order to access your missed meetings:
- Using the desktop client, open your account and sign in to it.
- Go to the Chat tab and click on it.
- On the left side of the chat panel, you will find a button called missed meeting call, which you will need to click on.
In this section, you will find a list of all the invitations to meetings that you have recently missed. You will be able to see the chat channel or group chat if the missed call was part of a meeting created using a chat channel. There will be a list of users inviting you to the meeting if the meeting is not associated with a chat group or channel. If more than one missed call has been reported from a individual or group, the missed calls will be indicated in parentheses. –
- You will be able to see additional options when you hover over the missed invite:
- Chat button: The meeting will be started by a contact, a group chat, or a channel that you can jump to. Upon receiving the missed invitation, you will be able to respond to it.
- Video meeting button: Invite the contact, chat group, or channel that was originally present in the meeting to the meeting by starting a meeting.
- Phone call button: Zoom Phone can be used to contact the contact. This option is only available if you have Zoom Phone service.