Poly or Yealink phones provisioned with Zoom Phone can be converted into Zoom Phone Appliances so users can use them as Zoom Phone Appliances.
- Account type: Pro, Business, or Education
- Ownership or admin rights on the account
- License for Zoom Phone
- Zoom Phone supports the following devices:
- CCX 600/700 Poly
- VP59 from Yealink
How to convert a Zoom Phone provisioned device to a Zoom Phone Appliance
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your username and password.
- When you want to assign/unassign a desk phone or a common area phone, navigate to the Phones & Devices section:
- You can access the Phone System Management menu by clicking the Phones & Devices button in the navigation menu.
- Select Phone System Management from the navigation menu and then click Users & Rooms from the drop-down menu. There is a tab called Common Area Phones that you need to click on.
- You will now find the common area phones on the Common Area tab of the Users & Rooms page if you signed up for a new Zoom account after May 21, 2022, or if you have been enabled for the New Common Area Experience on your account.
- If you want to convert a particular phone, you need to click on its display name.
- At the bottom of the page, you will find a link that says Convert.
- Confirm your conversion by clicking the Convert button.
In Device Management, the device will appear in the list of devices that can be managed.