You can easily transfer a Zoom Phone call into a Zoom Room when you make a call using Zoom Phone. Zoom Rooms set up as phone booths let you take advantage of hands-free calling when you’re in a Zoom call using the Zoom mobile app.
Prerequisites for handing off a phone call to a Zoom Room
- Zoom mobile app for Android and iOS, version 5.4.3 or higher
- That is connected to a Zoom Room taking advantage of the Zoom Phone license
- Which enables the use of ultrasonic proximity signals to enable direct sharing
- Through the Hand Off to Room policy the administrator has enabled
How to hand off a phone call to a Zoom Room
- Obtain a Zoom app for your mobile device and sign in.
- Using Zoom Phone you can make or receive phone calls.
- Tap More then Hand off to Room when you’re in a Zoom Room.
If Zoom detects the room via direct sharing, it will attempt to transfer you to the room.
When Zoom cannot detect a room, it will ask you to enter the sharing key. You can usually find the key on the room display in the upper-right corner.
- To complete the hand-off, select Hand off to This Room.
Once the call ends, it will move to the Zoom Room in the mobile app. Access the in-call controls with the room controller.
- I will decline the handoff. We will continue the meeting in the meeting room. If the call goes to mobile, then it will be transferred there.
- Hold meeting audio & Accept:
- If the call goes to mobile, then it will be transferred there.
- Using the top-left corner of the room controller, tap the Back to Meeting icon to switch to the meeting audio.
- The room controller can be switched between the phone and the room controller by tapping the phone icon at the top right corner of the remote.