In a one-on-one meeting, account owners and admins can configure data routing between two participants instead of going through the cloud or server before the data is routed between the two participants. Using this setting allows you to control how much video and audio is sent directly to both parties of a one-on-one meeting at the same time (depending on how your network prioritizes traffic) which improves the quality and connection of the meeting.
It will work by using Zoom’s cloud infrastructure rather than using peer-to-peer connections when a third participant joins a one-on-one meeting through Zoom.
The following topics are covered in this article:
- Enabling Peer to Peer connection while only 2 people in a meeting
- Modifying Listening ports range
Prerequisites for enabling Peer to Peer connection while only 2 people in a meeting
- Ownership or administrative privileges on an account
Enabling Peer to Peer connection while only 2 people in a meeting
In order to enable peer-to-peer connectivity for all users in the account even if there are only 2 people in a meeting:
- Admins with the right to edit account settings are required to log in to the Zoom web portal as an admin.
- You can access your account settings by clicking Account Management in the navigation panel.
- On the Meetings tab, click the Add Meeting button.
- It is important that you check that in the In Meeting (Advanced) section, the Peer to Peer connection is enabled even if only two people are in the meeting.
- It is possible to enable the setting by clicking the toggle button if it is disabled. A verification dialog box will appear if a change needs to be verified, so be sure to click Turn On to confirm the change.
Modifying Listening ports range
As a communication endpoint, the listening port acts as a way of identifying applications and processes that are currently active on the network and listening for potential connections between them. It is recommended to use a port range between 1 and 65535 when setting up a peer-to-peer connection with just two people in a meeting setting.
Modifying the Listening ports range is as simple as following these steps:
- Ensure that peer-to-peer connectivity is enabled in the meeting when there are only two people present.
- If you would like to listen to a range of ports, select the check box.
- The range of values that can be entered in the boxes ranges from 1 to 65535.
- Save the changes by clicking the Save button.