In Internet Explorer, some users might see the following error message when trying to join a meeting: Cannot continue. It appears that the application is formatted incorrectly (Authenticode). When joining a webinar, a meeting or a Zoom meeting, you will receive this error message. Follow the steps below to add Zoom as a trusted site and allow the application to run.
How to trust Authenticode components
The following steps will help you resolve this issue:
- Start Internet Explorer and browse the web.
- Click on the Tools menu and choose Internet Options.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Select the Trusted Sites option.
- Then click on Custom Level…
- Authenticated-signed components can be run, or they can be enabled.
- Click OK to proceed.
How to add Zoom as a trusted site
Follow the steps below in order to add zoom.us to the Trusted website list:
- Click on the Internet Explorer icon on the desktop.
- Select the Internet Options option from the Tools menu.
- In the Security section, select the button “Keep Me Safe”.
- From the drop-down list, choose Trusted Sites.
- Click on the site you want.
- Under the section Put this website in this zone, enter zoom.us.
- Click on Add.
- Then click Close.
- To apply, click Ok.
Please submit a support ticket if these steps don’t solve the issue.