This post was most recently updated on July 21st, 2022
A Zoom Room can join a meeting that has been scheduled by a user and invited by the same account on the same account without the host having to launch the meeting from the desktop client or mobile app. The Zoom Room host will now have full control over the Zoom Room.
Prerequisites for joining as a Zoom Room host
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room
- PC: 4.3.0 (390.0130) or higher
- macOS: 4.3.0 (446.0130) or higher
- Zoom Rooms Controller
- Android: 4.3.6 (40253.0127) or higher
- iOS: 4.3.6 (220.0125) or higher
- A role on the web portal with Zoom Rooms privileges (for enabling Zoom Rooms on the portal)
Note: In the event that a device running an older version of Zoom Rooms joins the meeting before the host and is on the same account as the host, it will automatically take over host control of that meeting.
How to enable joining as a Zoom Rooms host
Zoom Rooms is set by default to play the role of host if it joins the meeting before the meeting host. This setting can either be disabled or re-enabled for all Zoom Rooms on your account, which can be done via the Zoom Rooms web portal, if you need to do so. It is also possible to enable this setting in order to use the hierarchy of locations.
- To access the Zoom web portal, you will need to sign in.
- Then click Zoom Rooms under Room Management.
- Please click on the Account Settings link.
- You will find the Meeting tab on the left side of the screen.
- In order to ensure that Zoom Rooms is the host if it joins before the meeting host, you need to ensure that the toggle is turned on.
- The toggle should be enabled if it is disabled, and once it is clicked, it should be enabled in the subsequent window.