Zoom’s meeting experience now supports foldable mobile devices on the Android platform to cater to the device’s folded orientation with the return of foldable mobile devices in recent years. The device is folded into a tablet-like form when it is in table-top mode, which enables the device to have the in-meeting controls in the lower half of the screen, and the video feed in the top half, when the device is in table-top mode.
- You can download the Zoom mobile app for Android 5.7.7 (2047) and higher
- on a folded, Android device that can be supported as follows:
- Samsung Galaxy Fold
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip (standard and 5G)
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 (5G)
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 (5G)
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 (5G)
Using a foldable device with Zoom
Zoom will automatically adjust the screen of an Android device that can be folded and used as a table-top during meetings. Doing so is as simple as folding the device and Zoom will do the rest.
The videos of each participant will be displayed at the top of the screen, while a majority of the controls for the meeting are removed from the top of the screen and repositioned below it.