In this application, Global Relay customers can archive chat messages and shared files during meetings, as well as recording all conference calls. By integrating these systems, we can ensure that regulatory requirements and compliance requirements are met.
As administrators, you will be able to set up and configure your Global Relay endpoints using this website in order to enable Zoom to send meeting data and metadata for archiving once a meeting has been completed. There is no restriction on the number of users in an organization that can use this application.
Prerequisites for Global Relay Archive for Meetings
- Account for Global Relay
- Recording in the cloud
- Global Relay Archive for Meetings app is now available in the Zoom Marketplace for pre-approval.
Note: In the event that the app has not been pre-approved by Zoom, please reach out to your Zoom administrator.
- Zoom desktop client:
- Windows: 5.4.0 or higher
- macOS: 5.4.0 or higher
- Linux: 5.4.0 or higher
- Zoom mobile app:
- Android: 5.4.0 or higher
- iOS: 5.4.0 or higher
How to install and configure Global Relay Archive for Meetings
Install Global Relay Archive for Meetings
- Sign in with your Zoom account to access the Zoom App Marketplace.
- The Global Relay app can be found by entering the name of the app in the search box at the top right of your screen.
- The Global Relay Archive for Meetings app can be found in the search results if you search by keyword. Click on it to access the app.
Note:Please contact your Zoom admin if the app has not been pre-approved for your account and he or she will approve it for you.
- Then click on the Add button.
- Click Authorize after you have confirmed that the app requires the permissions it requires.
Configure Global Relay Archive for Meetings
- In the application, you will be able to access the configuration page.
- Here are the details you need to enter as shown below:
Note: In order to acquire these details, your IT Administrator should contact your Global Relay instance in order to obtain them. I would recommend contacting Global Relay for more information if you are still unable to locate these documents.
- SMTP Server: IP address of the server that is receiving the data.
- SMTP Address: Depending on the version of Global Relay, there are different archiving destinations (such as Archive 9 vs. Archive 10). Global Relay should be able to assist you with this.
- Username and Password: As soon as the meeting is over, we will be able to call the Global Relay API to send data after the meeting so that we can call the Global Relay API and send data back to you.
- User Groups Enabled for Archiving: Make sure that you select the groups for which you would like to enable this feature. Zoom’s web portal populates these groups based on the information you have provided there.
- Then click the Save button.
Configure archive settings in the Zoom web portal
- You will need to sign in to the Zoom portal.
- Click on the Account Settings link in the navigation panel.
- Go to the Meetings tab and click on it.
- To enable or disable the Archive meetings/webinars feature, you will need to click the Archives button under In Meeting (Advanced).
- Identify the content that your organization needs to archive and select it for archiving.
Global Relay Archive for Meetings archiving
- Once the admin has installed this app, all meetings specified by the users will be archived after the app has been installed. The default setting of the system will be to record them by default.
- The data collected by Zoom after a user ends their meeting will be sent to your Global Relay instance once they have ended their meeting.
- There will not be an automatic deletion of the meeting recording from Zoom when the meeting ends. Recording Management settings will vary based on the account and user settings you have configured for your account.
Information sent from Zoom to Global Relay
Note: It may take up to 12 hours for Zoom to sync with the global relay, and it may not happen immediately.
Your Zoom Global Relay instance will receive the following information from Zoom:
- Meeting Title: The topic of the meeting.
- Host:A meeting is started or scheduled by the user who initiated it.
- ID: This is a unique identifier for the meeting.
- Number: The meeting number is a 9 or 10 digit number.
- Date: In the format of YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SSZ, please include the date of the meeting
- Timezone: It is assumed that UTC/GMT will be used if there is no time zone specified.
- Minutes: Minutes are the length of the meeting in minutes.
- Meeting Recording: Here is a link to the meeting recording that can be accessed online.
- Note: It is important to note that the recording storage settings on your account will determine whether or not this link will be active.
- Password: This is the password that was used for the meeting.
- Meeting Recording files: The email will contain any recording files that have been attached to it.
- Note: The meeting recording files must be enabled when configuring Global Relay. Zoom will also divide a file if it exceeds 500MB.
In-meeting chat messages
- The messages
- Name of the sender
- Text of the message
- Time sent: As a result of this, you will be able to see exactly how many minutes into the meeting the message was sent
- Questions for the poll
- Responses to the poll
- The number of responses received
How to uninstall Global Relay Archive for Meetings
- You will need to sign in with your Zoom account to access the Zoom App Marketplace.
- To manage your account, click the Manage button at the top right of the page.
- The Added Apps option can be found in the navigation menu.
- You will find a Remove button next to the Global Relay Archive for Meetings app.
- It is important that you confirm the dialogue box and click the Remove button.