The Zoom web portal and Zoom help center can be customized so that it displays a Zoom Help badge in the bottom right hand corner when users are signed in to their Zoom account as well as on the Zoom web portal when they are signed in.
You can use Zoom’s chat feature to ask questions and get immediate help if you need it. However, organizations leveraging an internal helpdesk or IT department may prefer to disable Zoom Support chat and direct their account members to their own resources instead. Your Account Profile page allows you to customize your account support information to direct users to your own support resources.
- URL vanity
- For account owners or administrators
Disabling Zoom Support Chat
Zoom support can be contacted by using the live chat feature by default. This feature can be disabled by following the steps below.
If you want all users in your account to be able to use Zoom support chat, please follow these instructions:
- You are required to sign in as an administrator with the right to edit account settings in order to be able to use the Zoom web portal.
- Please click Account Management under the navigation panel, then select Account Settings.
- Zoom’s chat support can be disabled under Admin Options by clicking the toggle.
If a confirmation dialog appears, click Disable to confirm the setting change.
For groups of users, you can disable Zoom support chat by following the instructions below:
- If you have the right to edit groups on Zoom’s web portal, log in as an administrator.
- You will see the User Management and Group Management links on the navigation panel.
- Click the appropriate group name on the list and then click the Settings button to edit its settings.
- You will be able to see a tab for Meetings.
- Zoom’s Support can be contacted via Chat by disabling the toggle under Other.
After clicking Disable, a verification dialog will appear.