If you already have a Zoom meeting scheduled for the next 28 days, then you can convert it to an OnZoom event by converting the existing Zoom meeting into an OnZoom event. As a result of converting your existing Zoom meeting into an OnZoom event, you are able to effectively take advantage of all the benefits and features that OnZoom has to offer. OnZoom lets you:
- In order to monetize the event, you can do the following:
- You will be able to create free tickets, paid tickets, and restricted tickets that will only be accessible to users on a guest list.
- The ability for one-time, series and drop-in events to sell tickets is the ability to make tickets available for purchase.
- It is possible to reach new audiences through the OnZoom Directory, which goes beyond a geographical location to reach new audiences.
- OnZoom registration pages can be enhanced with enhanced branding visuals, and fundraising functionality can be embedded to assist in driving registrations.
- OnZoom registrations can be viewed, managed, and tracked from within the OnZoom Host Dashboard, so that ticket sales can be tracked and refunds can be handled, all within the OnZoom Host Dashboard.
- We provide a unique and secure way for your guests to join your events via OnZoom’s unique and secure process.
In this article, we will discuss the following topics:
- How to start converting a Zoom meeting to an OnZoom event
- How to convert an existing Zoom meeting/webinar to an OnZoom event
- How to join converted OnZoom events
- Import registrants to a newly converted OnZoom event
- Join converted OnZoom event with original Zoom meeting’s/webinar’s join link
- How to unlink an existing Zoom meeting from an OnZoom event
Prerequisites for converting a Zoom meeting/webinar to an OnZoom event
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.6.3 or higher
- macOS: 5.6.3 or higher
- Depending on your account type, you can choose from Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education
How to remember best practices before converting a Zoom meeting/webinar
Only Zoom meetings created with Meeting IDs that are automatically generated by Zoom can be converted to OnZoom events- only Zoom meetings that are created with Meeting IDs that are automatically generated by Zoom can be converted to OnZoom events.
If the original recurrence schedule has not been changed, then you will be able to convert a series of recurring meetings.
In the event of a published event, the OnZoom settings will override the original settings (name, description, date and time, and event security settings) for the selected Meeting ID. It is not possible to edit the event outside the OnZoom platform.
- I recommend that you inform all participants of this extra step, as well as the fact that they should join the event five minutes prior to the start time in order to sign in to OnZoom.
- As soon as your Zoom meeting is converted into an OnZoom event, users will not be able to join the event by phone, regardless of whether it was enabled when you converted the Zoom meeting into an OnZoom event. The OnZoom event audio can be joined using only the computer audio in order to join the event audio.
- In the present time, OnZoom is only available to U.S. residents.
How to convert an existing Zoom meeting/webinar to an OnZoom event
Note: For registrants from outside of OnZoom, you will need to reserve a certain amount of ticket capacity. Your event will only be able to be attended by those users who have registered from within OnZoom if there is no capacity set.
A Zoom meeting can be converted into an OnZoom meeting by following these steps:
- Become a member of OnZoom by logging in.
- Click on the Create button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click Convert an Existing Zoom Meeting / Webinar to an OnZoom Event under the Basic Information section of the OnZoom Event creation page.
- Click the Agree and Continue button in the pop-up window that appears after you have read the disclaimer.
- When you click Save, next to the Zoom meeting ID that you want to convert to an OnZoom event, you will be asked for the Meeting ID of the Zoom meeting.
- The meeting settings associated with the Meeting ID (name, description, date and time, and event security settings) will be implemented for this event using all of the settings associated with the Meeting ID.
- A maximum of 75 characters can be used in the name of an OnZoom event.
- Once you have completed the remaining sections of the Event Card, click Save & Continue to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Save & Continue at the bottom of the Event Profile section once you have completed the section.
- Enter the quantity of Meeting Participant Tickets in the Tickets section and click the Save button to save the changes.
- Tickets for this event will be issued to Guests who are joining the event from outside of the OnZoom platform. If you would like to join the event, you will need to sign into OnZoom in order to do so. Suppose you have set an allotted ticket quantity for external registrants, but the number of external registrants exceeds the allotted ticket quantity you initially set, so if all the external registrants attend the event, not all of the external registrants will be able to attend.
- The event can either be published to the event page via the Publish button or saved as a draft by clicking the Save button.
How to join converted OnZoom events
The following is an example of the experience your registrants should expect when they join your converted OnZoom event after the Zoom meeting/webinar was converted to an OnZoom event. If you imported the registrants at the time of conversion or if you used the register link from the original Zoom meeting or webinar, the registrants should expect the following:
- If a user clicks on the newly issued OnZoom join link, the new OnZoom ticket will be available in the user’s OnZoom ticket dashboard as soon as he or she accesses the link.
Import registrants to a newly converted OnZoom event
Before the Zoom meeting/webinar was converted to an OnZoom event and the Required check box under Registration was selected, all of the previously registered participants will be inserted automatically in the Meeting Participant Ticket or the Webinar Participant Ticket for the OnZoom event if there was only one check box selected under Registration.
You as the Host will be required to identify how many tickets should be allocated for Attendees that are traveling from outside the OnZoom system. After converting your Zoom meeting/webinar to an OnZoom event, you will want to let your participants know that this is a change that has been made and that they will gain some additional benefits from using OnZoom, for example, a ticket wallet that will allow them to access all their OnZoom tickets with ease.
Join converted OnZoom event with original Zoom meeting’s/webinar’s join link
Note: I would like to remind everyone to make sure that their Zoom desktop client is up to date in order to ensure the best possible joining experience. If they registered before the Zoom meeting/webinar was transformed into an Event on Zoom, then they need to use the email address with which they registered originally, so that they can sign in with that email address.
How to unlink an existing Zoom meeting from an OnZoom event
If you have not yet published an OnZoom event, you will only be able to unlink an existing Zoom meeting from it.
OnZoom events can be unlinked from existing Zoom meetings by following the following steps:
- Become a member of OnZoom by signing in.
- To manage your account, click the Manage link in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Select Events from the navigation menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on the Drafts tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Right next to the event that you would like to edit, click on Edit.
- Linked Zoom Meeting ID: [Number] can be unlinked by clicking on the Unlink button to the right of the box.
- After clicking Unlink, you will be asked to confirm your decision.
Note: There will be no Meeting Participant Ticket tickets left in the OnZoom event once the Zoom meeting has been unlinked from the event.