Enabling public event list
The Zoom platform has an option which allows calendaring for Zoom meetings and webinars to appear on your vanity URL’s public calendar for a period of at least 12 months. Once scheduled, public meetings and webinars will be accessible on your calendar for that period of time. By clicking a link in the list, users from inside or outside their Zoom account are able to see the meeting and webinar list, and they can join or register for the meeting or webinar directly.
The following requirements must be met in order to enable the public event list:
- Whether it is a business account, an enterprise account, or an educational account
- the vanity URL must be approved
- For the option to appear in the web portal, it must be enabled by support. Upon contacting support, the feature will be enabled within a maximum of 3 business days after the request has been made.
How to enable the public calendar
All users of this account will be able to publish events to the public calendar if the following settings are enabled:
- If you are an administrator, you can access the Zoom web portal and edit the settings of your account as an admin
- in the navigation panel by clicking Manage My Account on the left-hand side of the navigation panel.
- Click Meetings from the menu.
- You should verify that the option to List events on the Public Event List is selected under Meeting (Advanced).
- The toggle next to the option must be switched on if it is disabled. You will be prompted with a verification dialog box, which will appear if a change was made.
- It is optional for you to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account, so if you want to ensure that this setting is made mandatory, click on the lock icon and then confirm by clicking Lock.
For a group of users to be able to publish events to the public calendar, the following needs to be accomplished:
- Using the Zoom web portal, sign in as an administrator with the privilege to make changes to the account settings
- Via the navigation panel. Afterwards, click the User Management tab, followed by the Groups tab.
- On the next page, find the desired group and click it.
- You will then see the Meeting tab.
- If you go to the Advanced section of the In Meeting section, make sure that you select the option to List events on the Public Event List.
- To enable this setting, click on the toggle switch to the left of the field. If a confirmation dialog box appears, you need to click Turn On to ensure that your change has been confirmed.
- In order to make this setting mandatory for all users in your group, make sure you click the lock icon , and confirm locking the setting by clicking Lock.
To be able to publish your own events to the public calendar for your own use, please follow these steps:
- Log on to the Zoom web portal by using your email address and password.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click Settings.
- From the left-hand side of the screen, select Meetings.
- Verify that Generate Public Event List for In Meeting (Advanced) is enabled under the In Meeting (Advanced) tab.
- You need to enable it by clicking the toggle if it is disabled. To make sure that the change is kept, a confirmation dialog box may appear. To make sure the change is kept, click Turn On.