It is easy to stop all incoming video feeds if you need to preserve bandwidth for shared content or do not want to become mentally fatigued by watching a video with multiple participants. There is no effect on the others and they are not affected by this, but it will affect your perception of the meeting.
Prerequisites for stopping all incoming video
- Zoom desktop client
- For Windows: 5.8.0 or higher
- For macOS: 5.8.0 or higher
- For Linux: 5.8.0 or higher
- Zoom mobile app
- For Android: 5.8.0 or higher
- For iOS: 5.8.0 or higher
- Zoom web client
Enabling stop all incoming video
Using the following instructions, you will be able to turn on or off the “stop incoming video” feature on all users in your account:
- If you would like to edit the Zoom account settings, you will need to log into the Zoom web portal as an administrator.
- You need to click the Account Management tab on the navigation bar and then click Account Settings.
- The Meeting tab will appear.
- If you want to disable the feature, enable it by clicking the toggle for Enable “stop incoming video” under In-meeting (Advanced).
- Click Enable or Disable if a verification dialog displays to verify that the change has been made.
- Clicking the lock icon (or clicking Lock to confirm) to make this setting common to all users in your account is an option for users who want to make this setting mandatory.
If you would like to enable or disable the feature “stop incoming video” for a group of users, please follow the steps below:
- Admins who have the privilege to edit groups should sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin.
- After clicking on User Management, you will be able to select Group Management.
- From the list of groups, select the appropriate group.
- Then click the Meeting tab.
- UnderIn-meeting (Advanced), click theEnable “stop incoming video” feature toggle to enable or disable it.
- To accept or reject the change, click Enable or Disable if a verification dialog displays.
Note: A grayed out option indicates that the account level has already been locked, and if the account level has been locked, then it should be changed there.
- The locking icon can be clicked to make this setting compulsory for all group members. Whichever way you decide, you will need to confirm the setting by clicking the Lock icon.
Depending on how you wish to use the “stop incoming video” function, the following steps can be taken:
- You will need to sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Go to the Settings section of the navigation panel.
- Go to the Meetings section.
- The “stop incoming video” feature can be enabled or disabled under In-meeting (Advanced) by turning on the Enable “stop incoming video” toggle.
- Click Enable or Disable to verify the changes made if a verification dialog appears.
- Generally, if a toolbar icon is grayed out, it means that it has been locked by the group or account that it belongs to. For more information, please contact your Zoom administrator.
For the desktop clients, you can enable or disable the “stop incoming video” feature by typing the following commands:
- Sign up for a Zoom account by using the desktop client.
- Go to the Zoom settings page by clicking your profile picture.
- Click on the video tab.
- To enable or disable the Stop Incoming Video feature, select the checkbox next to Enable stop incoming video.
Note:Using this setting in a meeting requires that the web portal settings as well as the settings for the desktop client be enabled. The mobile client does not offer any additional settings, so as long as you enable this in web settings, the mobile app will make it available while you’re in meetings you attend through the mobile app.
Stoping incoming video
Windows | macOS | Linux
- You can start a meeting or join an existing one.
- You can start stopping video by clicking Stop Incoming Video in the top-right corner, and then clicking View.
- Alternatively, you can click View again, select Start Incoming Video, and then stop video again.
Android | iOS
- Take part in a meeting or start a new one.
- From the meeting controls, you can choose More from the meeting options.
- Select the Setting button.
- Tap on the toggle next to the Stop incoming video option to turn it off.
- Activating the toggle next to Stop incoming video to enable will enable videos to resume.
- A meeting can be started or joined using the web client.
- Simply click on the More option in the meeting controls window.
- On the video tab, click Stop incoming video.