In Zoom’s Atlassian Jira software and Service Desk integrations, you can quickly start or schedule a Zoom meeting directly from an Atlassian Jira Software issue, a Jira Service Desk ticket, or from other Jira platform issues. A meeting summary can also be received through this integration after the meeting is over.
Prerequisites for the Atlassian Jira Software and Service Desk integration
- A basic account (free with a credit card or free with a debit card)
- A business account (Enterprise), a business account (Business), or an education account
- A Jira account, Jira Service Desk account, or other Jira platform account is required
- In the Zoom App Market you can download the Atlassian Jira and Service Desk integration app that has been pre-approved by Zoom
Note: For apps that are not pre-approved by Zoom, please contact your Zoom account administrator.
How to install the Atlassian Jira integration app from Zoom Marketplace
- You will need to sign in with your Zoom account in order to access the Zoom App Marketplace.
- On the right side of your screen, you will find a search box. Enter “Atlassian Jira and Service Desk” there.
- The Atlassian Jira and Service Desk app appears in your search results, so you need to click on it to open it.
Note: You may contact your Zoom administrator to request approval for this app if it is not pre-approved for your account.
- To install it, click on the link Visit Site.
The page that you are redirected to will be that of the Atlassian Marketplace.
- To install, you will need to log into your account on the Atlassian Marketplace.
This will enable you to install Atlassian Jira and Service Desk.
How to install the Atlassian Jira integration app from Atlassian Marketplace
- Log in to your Atlassian account to access the Atlassian Marketplace.
- You will find the search bar on the left sidebar where you can type “Zoom for Jira & Service Desk.”.
- In the search results, look for Zoom for Jira & Service Desk and click it to open the application.
- Next, select your server type by clicking on Get it now.
Note: To install the Atlassian Cloud Plug-in, you need to be the site administrator of your Atlassian Cloud instance.
- It will be installed an app where Zoom will be integrated with Atlassian Jira as well as Service Desk.
How to use the Atlassian Jira and Service Desk integration
Start a meeting from Atlassian Jira and Service Desk
- Click on the ticket you would like to open.
- You will find Zoom Meetings on the right navigation menu.
- Simply click the Start Meeting button.
- You will be able to join the Zoom meeting by clicking the Join link.
The meeting will be available to all users who are listed on the ticket. You can also copy and distribute the link to get everyone involved.
The timeline will display a summary and recording of the meeting (if applicable) as soon as the meeting is over.
Schedule a meeting from Atlassian Jira and Service Desk
- Open the ticket you wish to open.
- Click on the Zoom Meetings icon located on the right side of the window.
- You will see a scheduling window appear.
- The topic of the Meeting, start time, time zone, and duration of the Meeting should be specified.
You can find more details about the meeting on the sidebar located below Zoom.
In the timeline, you will see a summary of the meeting and the recording (if applicable) as soon as the meeting starts and ends.
Cancel a meeting in Atlassian Jira and Service Desk
- Open the ticket you wish to open.
- Click on the Zoom Meetings link in the right navigation menu.
- Navigate to the Zoom meeting you wish to cancel.
- You will find a cancel button under the time of the meeting.
What should be done if you want to unlink Atlassian Jira from Service Desk
- Using your Zoom account, you will need to sign in to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Once on the screen, click Manage in the top righthand corner.
- Then you will see a menu that says Added Apps.
- There is an option to remove the Atlassian Jira & Service Desk application from the list, next to its name.
- To confirm that removal has been accomplished, click the Remove button.
How your data is used
Your Zoom account will be accessed and used for the following purposes by this app:
- Meeting details (meeting ID, topic, start time, duration, meeting password, meeting invitation which contains join instructions): The details of an upcoming meeting selected by the user are displayed.
- Meeting summary: Shown in Jira after a meeting has been completed.
- Recording info: A meeting record will be displayed in Jira after it has finished.
- User Name: It will be shown as a comment on the issue.
Atlassian Jira and Service Desk account
In order to fully utilize your Atlassian Jira and Service Desk account, this app accesses and uses the following information:
- Atlassian account ID: It is used as a link between your Zoom and your Atlassian accounts.
- Timezone: Used to schedule meetings in Zoom.