This post was most recently updated on July 21st, 2022
Thanks to Zoom’s Atlassian Bitbucket Integration, you can get notifications relating to build notifications on a Zoom channel via Zoom chat notifications and messages from a build notification robot.
Prerequisites for the Atlassian Bitbucket Chatbot
- Bitbucket admin account with Atlassian
- Developer mode enabled in Bitbucket settings
- In the Zoom Marketplace, the Bitbucket chatbot has been pre-approved for use by users
Note: You must contact Zoom’s customer support if the app hasn’t been pre-approved for use.
How to add and configure the Atlassian Bitbucket Chatbot
Add the integration from the Zoom App Marketplace
- Sign in with the Zoom Account you used to sign up for the Zoom App Marketplace.
- If you look at the top right corner of your screen, you will see a search box where you can enter “Bitbucket”.
- Click on the Bitbucket Notifications app that appears in the search results and you will be able to access it.
Note: You should contact Zoom admin if the app has not been pre-approved for your account, so that it can be approved.
- Click on the Add button.
- Then confirm the app’s permission requirements and click the Allow button.
Note: The Bitbucket chatbot will be automatically installed for you if an admin has installed the Bitbucket chatbot in the Zoom desktop client.
Configure the Bitbucket chatbot
To complete the following steps, an admin of your Bitbucket account will have to do so.
- Join the Zoom desktop client by signing in with your email address and password.
- You will then be able to choose the Chat tab.
- Click on the Bitbucket bot under the apps section.
If you wish to receive Bitbucket build notifications, you can also click the channel you would like to be notified of.
- You will be prompted to enter the connection URL (or /bitbucket connect the repository URL).
- The authorization link will appear once you have clicked the connect button.
Once you have clicked the connect button, you should receive build notifications in this chat channel.
How to use the Bitbucket Notifications app
- By typing help, you will be able to see a list of available commands.
- Connect to Bitbucket: Type connect to connect to your Bitbucket account.
Note: When you type connect, you will have the option to add the URL to your repository.
- Disconnect: When you type disconnect, you will be asked to sign out of your Bitbucket account. You can confirm this by clicking Disconnect.
- Configure:To connect to a repository, type configure. Adding the URL after typing configure will allow you to configure your repository.
How to change the subscription settings on Bitbucket
- You can open your Bitbucket repository by clicking on the Bitbucket button above.
- Then click on the Settings button.
- You need to click on Zoom Bitbucket Chatbot so that your chat notifications will be displayed.
- Set up the Bitbucket chatbot to use Zoom for notifications in your organization by customizing it.
How to remove the Bitbucket Notifications app
- You will need to sign in to your Zoom account to access the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click Manage at the top right corner of the screen.
- You can choose Added Apps from the menu on the left.
- Select Bitbucket Notifications from the list of apps and click Remove.
- You will then see a dialog box asking you to confirm the removal.
There are several pieces of information on Zoom that this app has access to:
- Under the Zoom account, you can view all groups that a Zoom user is a member of.
- Under the Zoom account, you can view all existing meeting details for a Zoom user.
- Under the Zoom account, you can view all information about a Zoom user.
Apps that have access to Bitbucket have the following information available to them:
- You should keep a copy of your builds and repositories.
- We don’t have access to this information.
Zoom has granted the following permissions to this chat app:
- Under the Zoom account, there is a chat app that allows you to send a text message to an IM channel or to a Zoom user.
- Using this chat app, any Zoom users under the Zoom account will be able to create a Zoom meeting through the app.
This chat app offers encrypted communication between Zoom/Bitbucket and this chat app:
- The protocol used is TLS 1.2
- AES128-GCM-SHA256: Cipher suite: ECDHE-ECDSA-ECDSA-ECDSA-ECDSA
- The length of the key is 128 bits
- Yes, forward secrecy is guaranteed.
The following credentials are stored by this chat app in the local data store:
- In an encrypted database we store Bitbucket OAuth credentials as well as Zoom OAuth credentials (both of which are only accessible by Admins).