You can connect your Freshdesk account to Zoom’s desktop client, and you will be able to receive notifications from Freshdesk tickets directly through Zoom chat.
There are a number of notifications available, including:
- Ticket Creation: By setting up a predefined set of actions on newly created tickets, you will be able to set up your support workflows for your support teams.
- Ticket Updates: When a certain event occurs in your helpdesk, you can set up rules in your helpdesk to trigger specific actions in response to that event.
The following topics are covered in this guide:
- How to install Freshdesk Notifications
- Add from the Zoom App Marketplace
- How to use the chat commands
- How to connect and configure Freshdesk, WebHook, and subscriptions
- Connect the Freshdesk chat app
- Configure WebHook
- Configure subscriptions
- Notification details
- How to create a ticket
- How to create instant meetings
- How to disconnect the Freshdesk chat app
- How to remove the Freshdesk chat app
- Data security
Prerequisites for Freshdesk Notifications
- An account with Freshdesk that has been verified
- In order to allow Freshdesk chat to function in the Zoom Marketplace, it needs to be preapproved
Note: The app must be pre-approved by your Zoom administrator if it has not been approved already.
How to install Freshdesk Notifications
Add from the Zoom App Marketplace
- You need to log in with your Zoom account so that you can access the Zoom App Marketplace.
- If you go to the top right corner of your screen, you will find a search box where you can enter Freshdesk.
- Search for Freshdesk Notifications in your search results and click on it when you see it in the results.
Note: I recommend that you contact your Zoom admin if the app is not pre-approved so that they can approve it for your account.
- The next step is to visit the website and install the application.
- Click on the Authorize button after you have confirmed the app’s permissions.
You will see a success page once the integration of Zoom chat with Freshdesk has been completed. All users inside the Zoom account will have access to the Zoom chat app. As soon as you open the Zoom desktop client, you will be able to find the Freshdesk chat app under the APPS section.
- Your Freshdesk account will be linked to your Zoom account once you have authorized it.
How to use the chat commands
Type the word help in the Freshdesk chat app to receive a list of all the commands available. The following list is not exhaustive.
Setup command for Connect, Configure WebHook, Configure Subscription and Disconnect the Freshdesk chat app
- It is possible to access the 1:1 Freshdesk app channel in Zoom chat after downloading the Freshdesk app from the Zoom Marketplace.
- The setup command can be entered in the command line or you can use the setup link provided by the help command.
When you send a message to the Freshdesk chat app, the app will respond with a message that contains a link that you can use to set up your Freshdesk account.
- You will need to click on the link in order to authenticate yourself with Freshdesk.
How to connect and configure Freshdesk, WebHook, and subscriptions
Connect the Freshdesk chat app
- The Freshdesk chat app can be connected by following the instructions on the Connect Freshdesk setup page when connecting Freshdesk using the Freshdesk chat app.
- A message will be displayed on the page once the authorization has been successful.
Freshdesk will automatically navigate you to the configuration tab of the WebHook tab when you are a Freshdesk admin.
- Follow the instructions on the Configure WebHook page if you want to set up WebHook according to its instructions.
- After WebHooks are configured, Zoom users can configure their subscriptions so that they receive notifications in any channel they want as soon as they are configured.
Ticket Created and Ticket Updated notifications are the two types of notification that are available. Channels and notification types can be configured according to your preferences.
|Events that take place in modules|
|Ticket Creation, Ticket Updating and Ticket Management|
You can configure a WebHook with the Ticket module if you would like to receive notifications on ticket creation in Zoom chat, and you can specify workflow rules for this under Admin->Automations->Ticket Creation.
There are a couple of ways to configure Ticket Update notifications in Zoom chat. First, configure a WebHook a link to the Ticket module, second, specify the workflow rules under Admin->Automations->Ticket Updates tab in Ticket module.
Zoom chat channels will receive notifications for WebHooks configured for those channels as well as workflow rules related to those WebHooks once you have configured them. If you create a new ticket in Freshdesk or update an existing ticket, you will receive a notification on your chat app when a new ticket is created.
Detailed information about notifications
- Zoom chat will display a notification as soon as a Freshdesk event triggers a notification, which is within 15 seconds of the event happening on Freshdesk.
- There is one notification subscription by default on the app config web page after the app has been installed: notifications for the 1:1 chat channel, which will be notified once it is installed.
How to create a ticket
- To create a ticket on Freshdesk’s portal or in the Freshdesk chat channel, issue the create_fd_ticket command.
You will be able to create a ticket by clicking the Create Ticket link.
- You will be taken to a web page where you will be able to create a new ticket by clicking the link.
- Fill out all the necessary information in the Freshdesk portal in order to create a ticket.
- Once you have completed the form, click the Submit button.
How to create instant meetings
In order to get a Zoom meeting join link for a Zoom meeting, just issue the meet command and it will create an instant Zoom meeting.
If you are using Zoom desktop client, the meeting will appear under Upcoming under the Meetings tab, under the Meetings tab in the list of scheduled meetings.
How to disconnect the Freshdesk chat app
Note: The Freshdesk chat app can only be disconnected by admins.
- Setup should be done by issuing the setup command.
- In the Connect Freshdesk page, you will find a setup page that can be accessed.
- You will be able to disconnect once you click the Disconnect button as an admin.
How to remove the Freshdesk chat app
- The Zoom App Marketplace can be accessed by signing in with your Zoom account.
- The Manage button can be found at the top right of the page.
- Click on Added Apps from the navigation menu on the left side of the screen.
- Remove Freshdesk from the list by clicking the Remove button next to it.
- Click the Remove button to confirm that you want to remove the item.
Please submit a ticket if you need additional assistance or technical support.
- As a result of this app having access to Zoom’s information, it will be able to:
- Channels that a Zoom user has subscribed to under their Zoom account can be viewed by viewing their subscriptions.
- Under the Zoom account, you will be able to view the details of existing meetings that have been created by Zoom users.
- Under the Zoom account, you can view all the information about a Zoom user.
- In order to use this chat app on Zoom, you will need to grant it the following permissions:
- The chat message can be sent to a chat channel inside a Zoom account or to a Zoom user within the IM channel.
- Using the Zoom account, you can create Zoom meetings on behalf of any Zoom user under your account.
- There is a lot of information available on Freshdesk that this app has access to:
- Freshdesk admins have access to read data at the level of the admin.
- Data Accessed: Ticket endpoints can be accessed via WebHooks and provide full responses.
- Displayed data includes the following: This ticket contains the following information (Ticket ID, Ticket Status, Priority, Agent Name).
- Data stored in DB:
- There are two API keys: the API key and the domain key.
- Freshdesk sends the following data to the app from Freshdesk: Ticket endpoints are receiving a full response through a Webhook.
- Freshdesk has granted the following permissions to this chat app:
- The scope of Freshdesk’s API Key is as follows: Depending on the user’s preference, an option may be selected.
- This chat app communicates encrypted messages between Zoom/Freshdesk and this chat app:
- Protocol: TLS 1.2 enforced
- Cipher suite: ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
- Key length: 128 bits
- Perfect Forward secrecy: YES
- In an encrypted database, the following information is stored by this chat app:
- An API key for Freshdesk, as well as OAuth credentials for Zoom, at the admin level.