It is possible to use the H.323/SIP Room Connector Call-Out feature on the Zoom Client on Windows and Mac platforms to call out from H.323 IP addresses or SIP URIs entered in the H.323/SIP Room Connector directory.
Prerequisites for using SIP/H.323 rooms directory
- There are four types of accounts available: Pro, Business, Education, and Enterprise
- An add-on for the Conference Room Connector can be found here
- Adding a room system to the Directory requires the privileges of an account owner or an administrator
- Version 3.5 of the Zoom Client or higher is required to use Zoom
How to add a room to the H.323/SIP room directory
- To access Zoom’s web portal, you need to sign in.
- You can access H.323/SIP Room Connector by clicking on the Room Management option in the navigation menu.
- Select the Devices tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the Add a H.323/SIP Device button.
- In the pop-up window that appears when you click on Add a H.323/SIP Device, enter the following details for the room:
- Protocol: If you would like to use H.323 or SIP, please click here
- Display Name: In order to appear in the directory, you will need to enter your preferred name.
- IP Address or H.323 Extension: If you want to use the SIP URI, enter the public IP address of the room system (which can include the E.164 address as well)
- Encryption: Auto, Yes, or No
- Afterwards, click the button that says “Add” to add a new item to the list.
- If you would like to make any changes to the device that has been added, you can click Edit on the right of the device to make the necessary changes.
- If you want to remove more than one device from the list, click Batch Delete on the right of the device you want to delete or click Delete on the right of the device you want to delete.
- (Optional) You can also download our sample CSV file below if you wish to add a bulk of H.323/SIP devices at once by clicking Import H.323/SIP Device List.
How to call an H.323/SIP room with the rooms directory
- The first step is to start a Zoom meeting.
- Choose Participants from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Invite button.
- The Room System can be accessed by clicking the link below.
- To call out, click the Call Out button.
- Choose the room that you wish to call out to under the IP address or E.164 number dropdown menu.
- It is recommended that you select either H.323 or SIP.
- The next step is to click on the Call button.