Zoom meetings can be joined directly from a Facebook Portal device that users have access to. By doing this, you will be able to join Zoom meetings quickly and easily without the need for specialized hardware. You will also still be able to access other Apps and features on the Portal while you have access to Zoom meetings. It is also important to mention that the Facebook Portal is entirely controlled by the touchscreen, so no mouse or keyboard are required to navigate the site.
Prerequisites for using Zoom for Facebook Portal
- A Zoom account
- A Facebook Portal device:
- Facebook Portal
- Facebook Portal TV
- Facebook Portal Go
- Facebook Portal+
How to set up and configure Zoom on Facebook Portal
- In order to use Facebook Portal, you will need to purchase a device.
- The Facebook Portal needs to be placed in a space that can be cleared or found.
- If you do not already have a Zoom account, or if your organization has not provided you with one, sign up for one if you have not done so already.
Note: Zoom can be used on the Facebook Portal without requiring a special license. The program is available to Basic (free) users, Pro users, Business users, and Enterprise users.
- It is recommended that you follow the instructions provided with your Facebook Portal device during the initial setup process.
- Go to the Facebook Portal App Store and turn on your Facebook Portal.
- Install the Zoom app by searching for it in the app store.
- You can connect your Zoom account through either of the following methods: Pairing Code or Sign-in.
Pairing code with web browser
It is recommended that you use this option if you are using single sign-on (SSO) in your organization. On the screen you will see a pairing code that you need to take note of.
- Go to www.zoom.us/pair on a different device and open a web browser.
- On the Facebook Portal, you will see a pairing code that you will have to enter
- You will be asked by the device to confirm your attempt to sign in. If it is you, tap Yes, It Is Me.
- If you do the setup on your own, the procedure will automatically be completed if you do it yourself. If your organization has provided you with a room to use, just tap on it to select it if it is available.
Sign in with email
- Sign in to your Zoom account by entering your email address and password and tapping the Sign in button.
- During the setup process, the process will be completed automatically if you are performing the setup yourself. If your organization has provided you with a room, you can tap to select it if it was provisioned for you.
Setting a Screen Lock Passcode and Configuring Auto Lock
If you are away from your desk, you can set a passcode so that you can lock your device as soon as you return, or you can set the device to lock automatically when you forget to lock it.
- Upon completing the initial sign-in process, you will be prompted to set up a passcode for your screen lock once you have completed the initial signing-in process.
- Enter a code to unlock your screen or skip this step if you do not want to enter a code.When configuring a passcode, make sure that you enter the passcode and then confirm the choice by re-entering it.
There is the option of setting the device to automatically lock itself after a certain amount of time has passed since it has been used. This way, you will be forced to manually lock your device every time you use it from the home screen, unless you choose otherwise.
- There is an option for Settings in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, which you will need to tap.
- Select the Auto Lock Screen After Inactivity option and then enter the timeout threshold you would like to use. The device will have to be manually locked every time when the home screen is displayed if you choose Never.
When you want to lock your device manually, you need to launch the Portal and go to the home screen and select the lock icon in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
How to manage other settings
It is possible to adjust a variety of settings after your Portal has been configured, including the background image for your Portal, the meeting reminders, and other features from the Settings page by selecting the Collaboration Devices tab. Click on the Edit button after you have located the device in the list.
Using Zoom for Facebook Portal
If you want to get the most out of your new Zoom-enabled device, please take a look at the following articles:
- Setting up the calendar
- Id for Personal Meetings
- The use of the whiteboard
- Sharing of a screen
- Recordings in the cloud
- Controls for the meeting
- The process of setting up Zoom for devices at home