This post was most recently updated on July 21st, 2022
The host key can be used if you join a meeting from a Zoom Room and need to claim host in order to participate in the meeting. It is common to need to claim host privileges in the following scenarios:
- You will be able to join a Zoom Room meeting after manually joining it. The Zoom Rooms controller can be used to join meetings by entering the meeting ID or creating a personal meeting link on the meeting page.
Note: This is only possible if the join before host feature for the scheduled meeting is enabled before the meeting is scheduled to begin.
- It is possible to join a meeting by using the meeting list in a Zoom Room once you have joined the meeting. The first Zoom Room to join a meeting will become the meeting host if there are multiple Zoom Rooms that join the meeting. By using the host key, you will be able to claim host privileges on your computer.
Note: There will only be an issue with this if the meeting takes place in a Zoom Room and a feature is enabled that allows Zoom Room hosts to join before the meeting host is enabled.
Prerequisites for claiming host privileges in a Zoom Room
- Zoom Rooms for Conference Room
- Windows: version 5.1.0 or higher
- macOS: version 5.1.0 or higher
How to claim host privileges in a Zoom Rooms
- Start or join a Zoom meeting using a Zoom Room.
- The Zoom Rooms Controller can be accessed by tapping the Participants button.
You will be able to see a list of the participants.
- At the bottom of the list of participants, you will find an option to claim host.
The host role will be displayed in a window that allows you to claim it.
- Tap OK once you have entered your six-digit host key.
Now that the Zoom Room is the host of the meeting, the Zoom Room is the host of the meeting.