Count attendees in Zoom Rooms
On your Zoom Room’s Dashboard, you can see a count of the number of attendees in your Zoom Room, and this information will be displayed on Zoom Room.
It is imperative that you confirm that your company is in compliance with local laws and regulations, provide notice, and, if necessary, obtain consent before enabling this feature.
Prerequisites for counting attendees
- There are three kinds of plans: Business, Education, and API
- Zoom Rooms for macOS Version 4.4.1 (825.0623) or later is recommended
- Zoom Rooms for Windows Version 4.6.0 (1193.1215) or later is also recommended
- in conjunction with Zoom Rooms Appliances Version 5.0.5 or later
- if you are the account owner, the admin, or someone who manages Zoom Rooms
How to enable the Count In-Room Attendees feature
This can be done by following the steps below in order to make the feature available to all Zoom Rooms within your account. This can also be configured per location, floor, or for a specific room. Here is a closer look at changing settings depending on the location.
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Click on the Zoom Rooms link under Room Management.
- On the Account tab, click the Preferences button.
- On the Meeting tab, click the Add Meeting button.
- Toggle the checkbox beside Count the number of people in the room to turn it on or off.
- Click on I Understand once you have read the terms.
- If a verification dialog appears, click Enable in order to proceed.
How to view the In-Room Attendee Count
- Join the Zoom web portal by logging in.
- You will find the Dashboard on the left-hand side of the page.
- Simply click on Meetings.
- You will be taken to the Past Meetings page.
- The count of those present in the room will be displayed when you click on the ID of the meeting.
- In the meeting details, you will be able to see how many attendees are registered for the meeting. The icon next to the attendee icon will display a line if the attendee count is unavailable.
How the attendee count feature temporarily stores information
As part of the Zoom room computer’s functionality, the Zoom room computer stores and counts images that will be used for generating a temporary participant count when using the attendee count feature for Zoom Rooms. This temporary participant count is stored on several different files.
In order to remove these files, the following conditions must be met:
- In the case of a meeting or a counting, this will be done after it is over.
- The process will begin when the Zoom Room is closed.
- Once the Zoom Room has been restarted, the process will begin.
- It is not enabled by default.
Zoom Rooms Appliances: As a result, when using the Zoom Room Appliance Attendee Number feature, the Zoom Room Appliance is informed by the underlying hardware of the participant number. For the purpose of generating a participant count, Zoom Rooms does not generate or store any images.
How to do a Real-time People Count
The hardware listed below is required in order for Zoom Rooms to perform real-time people counting. Zoom Rooms software does not currently process real-time recordings within Zoom Rooms and instead, hardware provided by these manufacturers provides this functionality.
Note: To be able to count people in real time within Zoom rooms, you must be running Zoom Rooms version 5.5.0+ on all platforms.
Real-Time People Count on the Zoom Dashboard
|Huddly||IQ body control device, firmware version 1.4.12 or later|
|Poly||EE Cube Portable USB, or Studio Portable USB Poly Studio E70|
|AVer||VB130, CAM130, VC520 Pro2, CAM520 Pro2|
Real-Time People Count on the Zoom Rooms Scheduling Display
|Huddly||Huddly IQ, firmware version 1.4.12 or later|
|Poly||Poly Studio E70, EE Cube USB, or Studio USB|
|AVer||VB130, CAM130, VC520 Pro2, CAM520 Pro2|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a Zoom attendance report?
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Depending on your role, you can either click Account Management then Reports if you’re the owner, administrator, or have access to Usage Reports. …
- To pull a report, click the type.
Can you check attendance on Zoom After meeting?
Can you track attendance in Zoom without registration?
Does Zoom automatically record attendance?
How do you find attendance for a meeting?
- Add an event to your calendar. To add video conferencing to Google Meet, click the Add button. Click the Change conference settings link on the right. Make sure “Attendance tracking” is checked…
- The existing meeting can be selected by clicking it. Edit the event by clicking Edit. Change conference settings can be found under event details. Make sure “Attendance tracking” is checked.