The following article will guide you through the process of resetting your Polycom phone and installing custom firmware on it.
For a detailed explanation of the provisioning process, please refer to the provisioning quick start guide.
Prerequisites for resetting to factory default and installing custom firmware on a Poly phone
- Zoom Phone supports Polycom devices
- Account-level settings enable the Web Interface
How to access the phone’s web interface
- Please follow these instructions if you are using a Polycom desk phone that is supported.
- In Zoom Phone, by default, provisioned devices are not provided with a web interface that can be accessed remotely. The Web Interface of the phone must be enabled in the account-level settings of the desk phone if you can’t access the web interface.
- Press the Home button on your phone and then select Settings from the menu that appears.
- Navigate to the Status tab and then to the Network tab.
- The IP address of your phone can be found in the TCP/IP Parameters section, right next to the IPv4 Addr field.
- If you have a computer connected to the same network as your mobile phone, you should open a web browser on it.
- The IP address of the phone should be entered after the https:// in the address bar.
- Please make sure that you click the option to continue if a security warning appears in your browser.
- The web interface can be accessed by logging in as an administrator.
- As a default, the password for the admin account is either 456 or 789. It is recommended that you contact the vendor of the phone if you don’t know your username or password. Admin passwords can be viewed in the Zoom web portal if you have set them globally in your account.
How to reset to factory default using the web interface (recommended)
- Click on the Utilities menu at the top of the screen, then click on Phone Backup & Restore.
- You can expand the Global Settings section by clicking on it.
- Click on the Restore button.
- To confirm your decision, click the Yes button.
How to reset to factory default using the phone’s interface (optional)
If you are having problems accessing the web interface of your phone, follow the instructions described in this section.
This section provides screenshots of the Polycom VVX series phones with touchscreens, but the instruction can be applied to any Polycom device with a touchscreen.
- By pressing the Home button on your phone, you will be able to choose Settings.
- To access the Administration Settings, navigate to Advanced then click on Administration Settings.
- There will be a prompt asking for the administrator password which you need to enter. You can also try using the default password of 456 or get in touch with your phone vendor if you need help.
- If you want to reset your phone to factory settings, you have to go to the Reset To Defaults option.
- The factory reset will be completed as soon as you press the Yes button. As soon as the phone has been restarted, the screen will turn back on.
How to upgrade firmware using the phone’s web interface
- Check the UC Software Version on the Home page. The phone can skip this section if its firmware version is supported.
- You need to enable Web Interface in the account-level desk phone settings if you cannot access the phone’s web interface.
- You can upgrade your software by clicking Utilities in the top navigation menu.
- Then you can click the Check for Updates button at the bottom of the Polycom Hosted Server option.
Once the available versions have been fetched, you will receive a message saying that the request has been successful.
- You will need to select the firmware version from the drop-down menu available in the Available software versions section. If there is a letter at the end of a version, you should make sure that you don’t select that version.
- Then click on the Install button. As part of the firmware installation process, the phone will reboot. It will take 2-3 minutes for the process to be completed.
Read it also –
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reset my phone with zoom?
The phone should be turned off. If you press and hold the Volume Down button at the same time as you hold the Power button at the same time, it will be possible to turn on the phone by simultaneously pressing and holding both buttons. If you see a Recovery mode icon on your phone, you should press the Volume Down button until it appears.
Resetting the device is as simple as the following:
You can find the system settings under Settings > System.
Click on the Advanced button.
There are several options available when you touch the Reset button.
You can choose to wipe all your data with the touch of a button (Factory Data Reset).
How do you reset zoom?
Make sure that the zoom is set to 100%
By default, there is a keyboard shortcut that is Ctrl+0,Ctrl+0, but you can change it to whatever you prefer depending on what it is that you are used to doing. You can find View by going to Tools -> Options -> Environment -> Keyboard and looking for it as it’s under the world named View. Press ZoomReset on your keyboard if you wish to change the keyboard shortcut.
How do I reset the Zoom app in Windows 10?
Using the Control key + the down arrow key, you can decrease the Zoom level by selecting View > Appearance > Zoom Out (Ctrl + -). Reset Zoom level to 0 (Ctrl+Numpad0) – this can be achieved by navigating to View > Appearance > Reset Zoom (Ctrl+Numpad0).
How do I reset the default zoom in Chrome?
It is possible to set the font size for all pages on a website
The first thing you need to do is open Chrome on your computer.
On the top right corner of the page, there is a More button that you can click on. Settings.
In the Appearance section, click the button.
In order to make the changes you want, click on the Down arrow next to “Page zoom”, and then select the zoom option you want. If you want to change the zoom option, then click on the Down arrow next to “Page zoom”. Change font size: Next to “Font size,” click the Down arrow .
How do I recover my Zoom account?
Using Zoom, if you forget your password, here’s how to retrieve it
Go to the Zoom website and click on the Forgot Password link.
Please enter your e-mail address and click the reCAPTCHA button to verify it.
Send the email by clicking the Send button.
The password reset link will be included in an email that you will receive. …
If you have changed your password, please enter it here.
To make sure the new password is correct, you must type it in again.
Once you have selected Save, click on it.
How do you reset zoom on IPAD?
You can turn off the zoom function on your device by pressing and holding down the screen with three fingers on top of it and double tapping it on the left and right sides. You can disable the accessibility setting at Settings > General > Accessibility, which is found in the Settings menu.