Masking phone numbers in participant list
To mask the phone numbers of participants dialing into a meeting, enable the Mask phone number setting in the participant list setting. It is possible for a masked phone number to be displayed as, for example, 900****170.
How to enable Mask phone number in the participant list
In order for all users in the account to see the Mask phone number in the participant list, please follow these steps:
- If you are an account owner or administrator with the right to edit account settings, then sign into the Zoom web portal.
- Navigate to the Account Management section and then click on Account Settings.
- You will then see a tab labeled Audio Conferencing.
- If the box labeled Mask phone number is selected, it will be enabled.
- To enable this setting, click the toggle button next to the box labeled Mask phone number. Once a verification window appears, click Enable to confirm you want to enable this setting.
Note: The settings for users and groups that had been previously changed will remain the same as they were.
- (Optional) If you would like to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account, simply click the lock icon, confirm the setting by clicking Lock, and put the lock symbol back on.
A group of users can enable mask phone numbers to appear in the participant list by following the instructions below:
- Please sign in with your Zoom web account as the administrator with the permission to edit groups.
- You will be taken to the User Management section, and then the Groups section.
- You will need to click on the appropriate group name from the list, and then click on the Audio Conferencing tab.
- Make sure that the option to mask phone numbers is enabled in the list of participants.
- Click the toggle to enable the option if it is not enabled already. A dialog box will appear asking if you want to confirm the change. Click Enable to confirm the change.
- There may also be instances where the option has been locked and adjustment must take place at the account level if it is grayed out.
- (Optional) If you wish to make these settings mandatory for all group members then you must click the lock icon at the top right of the screen and then click Lock at the bottom to confirm the changes.
For your own personal use, you can enable Mask phone number in the participants list by following the steps below:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- On the left hand side of the screen, click Settings.
- From the left hand side of the screen, select Audio Conferencing.
- In the participants list, make sure that the option Mask phone number is turned on.
- Click the toggle to enable this option if it is not already enabled. A confirmation dialog may appear, in which case click Enable to confirm the change.
Note: It is important to remember that if the option is grayed out, it has either been locked at the account or group level. It is important to get in touch with your Zoom administrator.