Enabling Blur snapshot on iOS app switcher
While switching between multiple apps that are open on your iOS device, you can disable Blur snapshot if you do not need any of the Zoom information exposed while switching between those apps. As a result of this setting, when using multiple apps in the iOS task switcher at the same time, the Zoom app preview screen is blurred.
Note: If you have several apps open on your phone, only the Zoom blur preview image will be visible.
Prerequisites for enabling Blur snapshot on iOS app switcher
- You have the option to sign up for a Basic, Business, or Enterprise account
- In order to become the owner or administrator of that account
- on the Zoom app for iOS
How to enable Blur snapshot on iOS app switcher
In order to enable Blur snapshot for all users on the account in the iOS app switcher, please follow these steps:
- Log on to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- You will then be directed to the Account Management section of the Zoom web portal.
- Click on the Meeting tab.
- Activate the Blur snapshot option under Admin Options in order to disable the iOS app switcher.
- You will be presented with a verification window that will require you to click the Enable button.
- The lock icon should appear in the toolbar at the top of the page and you can click it if you wish to make this setting mandatory for all users on your account.
To enable Blur Snapshot for a group of users in the iOS app switcher, follow these steps:
- Please sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click on User Management and then click on Groups in the navigation menu.
- Once you have found the appropriate group name, click the appropriate button.
- Select ‘Meetings’ from the dropdown list.
- If you want to enable the Blur snapshot feature when switching apps on your iOS device, click the toggle under Other.
- Once you have confirmed the change by clicking Enable, the feature will be enabled.
- In order to make this setting mandatory for all members of the group, you have the option to click on the lock icon, and then to click Lock to make the setting mandatory.
Adding Blur snapshots to the iOS app switcher is easy and can be done in the following manner:
- Join the Zoom web portal by logging in.
- You will be directed to the Settings page.
- Select the Meetings tab and you will be taken to the Zoom web portal.
- In the iOS app switcher, click the Blur snapshot toggle under Other to enable this feature.
- Alternatively, you can choose to Enable this feature in the confirmation dialog that appears.
Note:In the case of grayed out options, the account or group to which that option belongs has blocked it. For further assistance, please contact your Zoom administrator.