Using Zoom Room Passcode, a user will be able to prevent other users from making changes to Zoom Room settings or closing the Zoom Room application on a computer by giving them a 1-16 digit numeric lock code, which is required to prevent other users from making changes to Zoom Room settings.
The following topics will be covered in this article:
- How to edit the room passcode
- How to view the room passcode
- How to use the room passcode
Prerequisites for managing Zoom Rooms passcodes
- Managing Zoom Rooms is the responsibility of a role with editing access
- A license for Zoom Rooms is required
How to edit the room passcode
You can change the Room Passcode for all Zoom Rooms in your account by following these steps:
- As an administrator, you have the privilege of editing account settings when you log in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation panel, click Room Management then Zoom Rooms to access the Zoom Rooms page.
- On the tab Rooms, click the Add a Room button.
- Click on Account Settings in order to modify your account settings.
- Scroll down under Basic until you reach Room Passcode at the bottom of the page.
- If you would like to edit the passcode, click the pencil icon.
- Save the changes by clicking the Save button.
- The setting you have made (optional) can now be applied to all Zoom Rooms in your account when you click the lock icon and then click the Lock button to confirm this action.
In order to edit a Zoom Room Passcode on your account for a specific Zoom Room, follow these steps:
- Ensure that you are logged in as an admin with the ability to edit the settings of your account through the Zoom web portal.
- You can access Zoom Rooms by clicking on Room Management in the navigation panel.
- When you open the Zoom Rooms tab, you will be able to find the room with the room passcode that you wish to edit by clicking the Rooms tab.
- You will be able to edit the document by clicking Edit.
- Click on the profile tab for the rooms you wish to edit.
- You will find the Room Passcode under Basics at the bottom of the page.
- You can edit the passcode by clicking the pencil icon on the right side of the window.
- Please click on the Save button to save your changes.
How to view the room passcode
You can view the room passcode by clicking on the following link:
- In order to edit account settings, you need to log in as an administrator to the Zoom web portal.
- Click on Room Management from the navigation panel, and then click Zoom Rooms from the Zoom Rooms list.
- To view a Zoom Room, click the Rooms tab, and then locate the Zoom Room that contains the passcode of the Zoom Room that you wish to view.
- Select Edit from the menu.
- Click on the Profiles tab on the Rooms page.
- The Room Passcode can be found by scrolling down under the Basic section.
- To view the passcode, simply click on the eye icon at the top of the screen.
How to use the room passcode
When you choose to edit the Zoom Rooms settings or sign out or exit the Zoom Rooms application, you will be asked to enter your Zoom Rooms controller or computer’s room passcode to change the settings or sign out or exit the Zoom Rooms application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find meeting passcode in Zoom?
Why is Zoom passcode incorrect?
How does Zoom passcode work?
What is meeting ID and passcode in zoom?
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging into your Zoom account.
- By clicking on Settings in the navigation menu, you will be taken to the settings page.
- In the Meetings tab, click on the Meetings button.
- You can enable or disable the Waiting Room under the Security section by clicking the toggle button.
- It is recommended that you verify the change by clicking Enable or Disable if a verification dialog appears. …
- The options that can be specified for the Waiting Room can be found by clicking Edit Options.
Related Articles –