You have the option of adding a passcode to your Personal Audio Conference (PAC) meeting if you want to make sure that the meeting is more secure. By enabling this feature, you can make sure that the meeting is more secure. There is a passcode that needs to be entered before participants can join the conference. It is also possible to add a passcode for listen-only access by enabling a passcode. Your PAC settings can be configured to view or change a PAC passcode if you are enabling a PAC passcode.
Prerequisites for requiring Personal Audio Conference passcodes
- Accounts for Professionals, Businesses, or Schools with a plan that includes audio conferencing
- An account owner or an administrator has the right to make changes to the account
How to enable or disable PAC passcode requirements
This will enable or disable Require a passcode for all users within the account to be able to participate in Personal Audio Conferences:
- If you are an administrator with the privilege of editing account settings, you will be able to access the Zoom web portal.
- Select Account Management from the navigation menu, then click Account Settings from the Account Management menu.
- Go to the Meetings tab and click on it.
- In the Security section, you will find a toggle that will allow you to enable or disable the requirement that personal audio conferences require a passcode.hat personal audio conferences require a passcode.
- The change will be verified by clicking Enable or Disable in the verification dialog if it appears.
- For extra security, you can enable the lock icon in your account, and then click Lock to confirm your choice to prevent other users from modifying this setting.
A group of users may be configured to require a passcode in order to hold personal audio conferences by using the following command:
- As an administrator, you will be able to edit groups by logging into the Zoom web portal as an admin.
- Select User Management from the navigation menu and then click on Groups from the drop-down menu.
- From the list of groups, click on the name of the group that applies to you.
- Click on the Meetings tab on the left hand side of the screen.
- You can enable or disable the Personal Audio Conference by clicking the Require a passcode for Personal Audio Conference toggle under Security.
- In the event that a verification dialog appears, click Enable or Disable to confirm the changes that have been made.
Note: A grayed out option indicates the option at the account level is locked, and it must be changed at that level if it has been grayed out at the account level.
- Click the lock icon and then click Lock to confirm that the setting will not be changed by any user in the group if you click the lock icon (optional).
For your own use, you can enable or disable Require a passcode for Personal Audio Conference by following these steps:
- To access Zoom’s web portal, you will need to sign in.
- Choose Settings from the navigation menu on the left side of the screen.
- Select the Meetings tab from the menu.
- You can enable or disable the requirement for a passcode for Personal Audio Conference by clicking the toggle under the Security tab.
- If a verification dialog appears, you will need to click Enable or Disable in order to verify the change you have made.
Note: A grayed out option means that it has been locked either at the account or group level, so you will not be able to select it. Your Zoom administrator will be able to assist you.
Read it also –
|Requiring Authentication To Join A Zoom Meeting Webinar|
|Requiring Users To Update Zoom|
|Requiring Virtual Background Usage In Zoom App|
|Requiring Encryption When Joining A Zoom Meeting|