This post was most recently updated on July 22nd, 2022
It is possible to import registrants to Zoom Webinars using a CSV file and have them approved automatically when they are imported. The registrants will receive an email confirmation once they have been successfully imported into the system.
There is a limit of 2MB for the size of the CSV file.
- This option will not be available for webinars in which charging a registration fee through Paypal has been enabled.
- The only webinars that can be uploaded are those that are one-time events (non recurring).
- Registrations imported from other registries with additional required questions will be redirected to the registration page so that the import registrants can complete the missing questions on the registration page.
Prerequisites for importing registrants through CSV upload
- There are four types of accounts to choose from: Pro, Business, Education, and Enterprise
- There is an add-on for Zoom Webinars available for purchase
How to import registrants by CSV upload
How to create the CSV file
- Using a spreadsheet editor such as Microsoft Excel or another spreadsheet application, open a spreadsheet.
- You need to input the following information about the users using the CSV format: email, firstname, lastname
Note: In order to keep the credentials separate from each other, use a different column (for example, column A would be the email address, column B would be the first name, and column C would be the last name).
- Using the File menu, click Export or Save As, and then follow the instructions.
- Change the type of file by clicking on the Change File Type button
- The CSV format (comma-delimited) should be selected.
- To save the file locally in your computer, click the Save As button.
Note: In order to prove that we provide the correct format, we provide a sample .csv file that can be downloaded from this link.
How to import the registrants
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging into your Zoom account.
- You can choose whether you would like your webinar to be approved automatically or manually.
- Go to the Attendee Management section and scroll down.
- You can import a CSV file by clicking Import from CSV.
- After clicking upload, you will be taken to the upload page.
- Select the CSV file that contains the data of your registrants.
- The View Registrants window will open as soon as the import process has been completed, and the imported registrants will be listed as approved once the window has been opened.