It is possible to import registrants to Zoom Webinars using a CSV file and have them approved automatically when they are imported. The registrants will receive an email confirmation once they have been successfully imported into the system.
There is a limit of 2MB for the size of the CSV file.
Prerequisites for importing registrants through CSV upload
- There are four types of accounts to choose from: Pro, Business, Education, and Enterprise
- There is an add-on for Zoom Webinars available for purchase
How to import registrants by CSV upload
How to create the CSV file
- Using a spreadsheet editor such as Microsoft Excel or another spreadsheet application, open a spreadsheet.
- You need to input the following information about the users using the CSV format: email, firstname, lastname
Note: In order to keep the credentials separate from each other, use a different column (for example, column A would be the email address, column B would be the first name, and column C would be the last name).
- Using the File menu, click Export or Save As, and then follow the instructions.
- Change the type of file by clicking on the Change File Type button
- The CSV format (comma-delimited) should be selected.
- To save the file locally in your computer, click the Save As button.
How to import the registrants
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging into your Zoom account.
- You can choose whether you would like your webinar to be approved automatically or manually.
- Go to the Attendee Management section and scroll down.
- You can import a CSV file by clicking Import from CSV.
- After clicking upload, you will be taken to the upload page.
- Select the CSV file that contains the data of your registrants.
- The View Registrants window will open as soon as the import process has been completed, and the imported registrants will be listed as approved once the window has been opened.