Before you start your webinar, you can set up a practice session for it so that you can familiarize yourself with the controls of the webinar before you start it. All of the panelists, as well as the host and alternative host, are able to access the practice session.
Taking part in the practice session is as simple as joining the webinar before the host starts broadcasting the webinar live to attendees. When the webinar begins in the practice session, the host, alternative host, and panelist will enter the webinar session, in which the webinar will commence where the host ends. When everyone is ready, the host, co-host, or the co-hosts can begin to broadcast the show.
In this article, we will discuss the following topics:
- How to enable webinar practice session
- How to start a webinar practice session
- How to start a webinar from within practice session
Prerequisites for webinar practice session
- Whether it’s a Zoom Webinars add-on for Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise accounts
- Zoom’s desktop client is now available for download
- Windows: version 5.2.1 or higher
- macOS: version 5.2.1 or higher
- Linux: version 5.2.1 or higher
- Zoom mobile app
- Android: version 5.2.1 or higher
- iOS: version 5.2.1 or higher
How to enable webinar practice session
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Select Webinars from the navigation menu at the top of the page.
- If you would like to schedule a webinar, or view a previous webinar, you can click on the title of the webinar.
- You will be able to edit this webinar by clicking the Edit button.
- Select the Enable Practice Session check box under the Webinar Options section and then click the Save button.
How to start a webinar practice session
There can be only one active practice session for each webinar, which means the attendees will not be able to participate in the practice session, only the host, alternative host, or panelists will be able to participate. There is no difference between a host and an alternative host if the host begins a practice session and the alternative begins one, so both will be part of the same practice session.
- Open the Zoom desktop client and sign in with your Zoom account.
- The webinar can be started by going to the Home tab or the Meetings tab.
There will be a banner at the top of the Zoom window indicating that the host, alternative host, and panelists are currently in practice mode. This will let them know that they are in practice mode.
- Log into the Zoom web portal by clicking on the link below.
- Click on the Webinars link in the navigation menu of the website.
- Then you need to click on one of the webinars that has an opportunity for practice.
- Start the practice session by clicking the Start Practice Session button.
How to start a webinar from within practice session
- Create a practice webinar session and start practicing.
- Click the Start Webinar button in the top banner of the page.
- In order for the webinar to begin and for attendees to be able to participate in the webinar, click Start.
A banner will appear at the top of the Zoom window letting the host and all the panelists know that the live webinar is now live and they should be able to view it.