The Zoom Room is deployed on a pre-configured Dell Optiplex running Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB 2016 (1607) with Amazon’s Zoom Room Huddle Kit (and more) and some Zoom Room Kits. You are Because of the Windows IoT license, you can not manually install it on any PC at this time.
The Zoom Room IoT on Windows has minimal services enabled, a firewall and auto login configured, and it is in lockdown mode with automatic startup to the Zoom room.
This article contains the following:
- Setting at first start
- Access the Windows desktop
- Return to Zoom Room
- Zoom Room Application Upgrade
- Account owner, administrator, or commissioner with ZoomRooms edit access
- Dell Optiplex running Windows IoT
- Additional hardware :
- Zoom Zoom Room Controller
- Camera, microphone, speaker
- One or more displays
Setting method at first start
The first power on of the Dell Optiplex with Windows IoT completes the automated installation process for Windows. This takes 2-3 minutes. Wired Ethernet is required for initial setup.
During the initial installation process, the computer restarts twice. The screen may be blank for about 20 seconds. If the screen turns black for more than a minute, please restart your PC. You need to continue with the initial setup without any problems.
Once the installation process is complete, the Zoom Room interface will display the zoom room controller pairing code.
Access the Windows desktop
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Click on the Zoom admin account and enter the default password zoom123.
Once in the Windows desktop, all window management options become available. It is recommended to change the password of Zoom management account.
Note : Do not exit Zoom with the Exit button. This will display a blank screen and you will need to restart your computer. As of Zoom Room version 4.1.5 (33237.0925), the Exit button is replaced with the Shutdown and Restart button.
Back to ZoomRooms
- To return to the Zoom room from the Windows desktop, restart your computer.
- Windows may warn that other users are signed in.
Upgrade the Zoom Rooms Application
It is strongly recommended that you perform Zoom Rooms upgrades and downgrades from the Zoom Admin Portal instead of downloading and installing on a PC.