This post was most recently updated on July 23rd, 2022
Line keys can be customized if more than one phone user is assigned to the phone. Multiple phone users are supported by certain models.
Note: Whenever a phone user is assigned to a desk phone, these settings will be used instead of the personal line key settings that are set on their personal phones for that specific device. These settings can be viewed by phone users, but they cannot be changed by them.
Prerequisites for customizing keys for devices with multiple users
- Accounts for Professionals, Businesses, or Schools
- Privileges as an account owner or administrator
- License for Zoom Phone
- Device provisioned and added to Zoom Phone
- Multi-user support is available for Zoom Phone devices
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by logging in.
- To manage phones and devices, click Phone System Management in the navigation menu.
- To assign multiple phone users to a device, click the device.
- Select Keys & Positions.
- The top-right corner of the page has an Edit button.
The following can be viewed or edited:
- Key: Shared lines can be rearranged in any order. The order can be changed by dragging and dropping a row or using the arrow buttons.
- Key’s Owner: A phone number or extension can be displayed to display the owner.
- Line Subscription: Line extension or direct number is displayed.
- Alias (Optional): For an associated line, enter an alias. Lines can be identified more easily with an alias. A desk phone’s alias is displayed only on its screen and does not affect caller ID.
- Note: Changing the default alias to a custom one will replace it. A maximum of 32 characters can be used in the alias.
- Outbound Caller ID: The number for the line’s outbound caller ID is displayed. Line key settings can be changed by the phone user.