It is possible to change the display name, emergency address, and caller ID settings of your common area phones once you have added them to your system.
Prerequisites for changing common area phone settings
- Addition and provisioning of a common area phone
- There are three types of accounts available: Pro, Business, and Education
- Permissions as an account owner or administrator
- Licences for Zoom Phones
How to access common area phone settings
Here are the steps you need to follow if you need to edit the settings of a common area phone you have added to your system.
- To access the Zoom web portal, you will need to sign in.
- Select Phone System Management from the navigation menu, then click Users & Rooms from the drop-down menu.
- You will find a tab called Common Area Phones on the left side of the screen.
- The display name of the common area phone that you wish to edit can be found by clicking the display name.
Here are some of the options and information you will see when you click on the button:
- Display name: You can change the display name by clicking on the Rename button next to it.
- Description: You can edit the description by clicking the Edit button next to it.
- Site: Provides a list of the sites to which the phone user belongs. You can move the phone to another site by selecting another site from the drop-down menu on the right side of the screen.
- Package: Assigning an outbound calling package can be done by clicking the Assign button. It is possible to remove an assigned package by clicking the * next to it.
- Extension Number: If you wish to change the extension number assigned to the phone, click on Edit.
- Number(s): The common area phone can now be assigned direct phone numbers by clicking the Assign button. When you assign a package to the account, this setting will only be visible to you.
- Emergency Address: The common area phone’s emergency address can be edited by clicking Manage from the phone’s settings page. You can select any address assigned to a site if you have multiple sites, or you can choose the default address of a site if you have more than one site.
- Outbound Caller ID (only visible if you assign a package): As soon as the phone calls out, select the outbound caller ID that will be displayed. There are a number of phone numbers you can choose from that are assigned to the main automatic receptionist.
- Country (only visible if you assign a package): This feature displays the country where the emergency address of the phone is located. There are certain extension numbers that are reserved for a particular country that you cannot use for your phone.
- Area Code (only visible if you assign a package): A default area code is displayed when an outbound call is made. Changing the area code can be done by clicking Edit, or if you have not added the area code yet, you can click Set.
- Time Zone: The time displayed on the common area phone can be set by selecting a particular time zone.
- Device Type: This is a display that shows the brand and model of the device.
- Firmware Version: In this section, you will be able to see what firmware version the device currently has installed. The latest firmware versions are available on the certified phone hardware page. The device will display a dash if it has not been provisioned or if it does not support sharing firmware versions.
- MAC Address: The desk phone’s 12-digit MAC address is displayed on the screen.
- IP Address: Provides a display of the device’s local IP address.
- Provision Template (optional; only visible if the device is compatible with provision templates): To apply custom settings to the phone, you need to select a provision template.
- Status: This screen displays the status of the provisioning process for the phone. The status of the phone will show as Online if it has been provisioned and is currently working.
- Communications Content Storage Location: The communication content can be stored in a variety of locations.
There are a number of follow buttons at the bottom of the page that you can use:
- Assisted Provisioning: The provisioning instructions will be displayed on the screen. The provisioning guide can also be found on our website.
- Unassign: In the case of a common area phone, it should be converted into an unassigned desk phone.
- Delete: The common area phone should be removed from the account.
Read it also –
|Managing Common Area Phones In Zoom|
|Re Syncing A Desk Phone Or Common Area Phone With The Zero Touch Provisioning Ztp Server In Zoom|
|Batch Adding Exporting Common Area Phones In Zoom|
|Setting Up An Appliance As A Common Area Phone In Zoom|
Zoom Phone can be configured to enable or disable certain Zoom Phone features based on the Zoom Phone policy settings.
- Business Hours: In order for the user to be able to answer calls during different times, click Edit. As far as your business hours are concerned, you can extend them beyond 11:30 p.m. if you wish. In addition, you are able to manually set your business hours by entering a time increment of 10 minutes, for example, 11:10 PM, by entering a time manually.
- Closed Hours: It is also possible to set closed hours if you customized business hours.
- Holiday Hours: The Manage button is where you can designate certain days as holidays so that they are marked as such.
- Keys & Positions: It is possible to change the settings of the line keys.
- Blocked List: For the blocking of calls from external numbers, you need to set a set of rules.
Call handling settings
- Ring the Device: For inbound calls, you can select whether the ring should be enabled or disabled.
- Ring Duration: Please ensure that the max ring duration that will be waited before the call is handled, as specified in the setting below (When a call is not answered), is set if you have enabled Ring the Device.
- When a call is not answered: During the specified hours, you can specify how unanswered calls during these hours will be handled.
- Play a message, then disconnect: An audio message is played to the caller before the call is hung up. For custom audio files to be selected, recorded, or uploaded, click Audio Library on the left side of the page.
- Disconnect: There will be no message played before the call is disconnected.
- Forward to another extension: Calls can be routed to another extension within the account if there is one available.
- Forward to External Contact: You will be able to route calls to an external contact if the account has a directory of external users.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change the Zoom setting on a call?
Does Zoom phone have auto attendant?
How do you associate your phone with a computer Zoom?
- The numbers provided can be dialed.
- Follow your meeting ID with a #.
- You will need to enter the participant ID followed by the #.
- If prompted, enter your passcode followed by #.
- Once you have dialed in, tap Close.