Multiply the number of participants in a meeting that you can share your screens at the same time by using the Zoom Desktop client. Using this approach can be useful when participants compare documents and other materials in real time during a workshop. Zoom Client settings provide the option to enable dual monitors in order to fully make use of this feature.
Prerequisites for simultaneous sharing
- Zoom desktop client
- For Windows: version 5.0.0 or higher
- For macOS: version 5.0.0 or higher
- For Linux: version 5.0.0 or higher
- Zoom web client
- Remote Support must be off for the host
Enabling Simultaneous Screen Sharing as the host
- As the host of the meeting, begin the Zoom meeting.
- The Share Screen button on the toolbar is located to the right of the upward-pointing arrow. Click this button to select Multiple participants can share at the same time.
If you select this option, you can share your screen with multiple participants simultaneously.
Sharing screens at the same time
Using the Zoom desktop client, any participant (including the host) can start sharing their screen by clicking Share Screen.Screen.Screen. The other participant can start sharing their screen even if someone is already sharing their screen.
Participants will see one or more of the following depending on the setup they have selected:
- Dual monitor users can view their two most recently shared screens on each of their monitors if they are using dual monitors.
- However, users with just a single monitor will only see the screen they have shared most recently. To change the screen that is being viewed, participants can select View Options.
- The first screen shared will appear on mobile phones using the Zoom mobile app. Users will not be able to switch between the screens.
In the role of the host, you have the option to choose the option One participant can share at a time for both face to face and group meetings. Learn how to share a screen if only one participant is able to share the screen at a time.
The following limitations apply when sharing multiple screens simultaneously:
- It is not possible to select the Optimize for full-screen video clip option when you enable the option to share multiple screens simultaneously. Audio can be shared from your computer, but if you are viewing the share screen, you must view the computer screen to be able to hear the computer audio.
- The mobile app cannot be used by participants at the same time that a computer is sharing sound.
- There is an option to enable multiple content sharing in the Zoom Room settings that allows you to view more than one shared screen simultaneously.
- The Zoom Webinar does not have the option to use this function.
Read it also –
|Sharing Multiple Screens In The Zoom Room|
|Sharing Multiple Screens In A Zoom Room|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Share Screen and see participants in zoom?
How do I share my screen on Zoom if Im not the host?
Go to the Personal section of the menu and select Settings. The following security settings can be found within the Meeting Tab under the Security tab.
In the course of the meeting
- There is an up arrow located to the left of the share screen button in the meeting control bar, so you will need to click on this button in order to share your screen.
- The Advanced Sharing Options menu will appear when you select the Sharing Options option.
- Choose All Participants from the drop-down menu. Now that the content is available on each participant’s screen, they can share that content with each other.
Can any zoom participant Share Screen?
When I share my screen on Zoom can they still see me?
Why can’t I share my screen on Zoom?
Why is Share Screen not working on Zoom?
Here are some general troubleshooting steps for sharing a screen with others
The device or browser you are using needs to be restarted. The app needs to be uninstalled, then the app needs to be downloaded and reinstalled. For macOS versions 10.15 Catalina and higher, make sure that Zoom has permission to record your screen in the privacy settings of your device in order to be able to view and record your screen.