This post was most recently updated on July 22nd, 2022
Owners and administrators of accounts can force future meetings to use Zoom Meetings as the topic and force future webinars to use Zoom Webinar as the topic. Furthermore, you can lock the description so that users cannot set a description for a meeting or a webinar.
This feature is useful when trying to prevent sensitive information from being entered as the topic or description in a meeting or webinar.
Prerequisites for locking the meeting/webinar topic or description
- Account owner or admin privileges
How to lock the meeting or webinar topic or description
Note that the account level is the only place where you can lock the description of a meeting or webinar.
- If you are an admin with the privilege to edit your account settings, you can log into the Zoom web portal.
- Click Account Management on the navigation bar then click Account Settings on the left hand side.
- Next, click Meetings on the next screen.
- Click the toggles under Schedule Meeting so that they can be enabled or disabled:
- To display the meeting topic as “Zoom Meeting” all the time
- the meeting description will be hidden
- when the meeting topic is displayed as “Zoom Webinar”
- You can hide the webinar description if you wish.
- Click on Enable or Disable to verify the changes if a verification dialog appears.
- (Optional) Select the following check boxes, click Save, then click Continue:
- Click the lock icon to prevent all users from changing the settings in your account, and then click Lock to confirm this setting to prevent them from changing these settings.
Note: If you signed up for a new Zoom account after August 21, 2021; or the New Admin Experience is enabled on your account, the Group Management page has been renamed to Groups.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit groups.
- In the navigation menu, click User Management then Group Management.
- Click the applicable group name from the list.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Under Schedule Meeting, click the following toggles to enable or disable them.
- Always display “Zoom Meeting” as the meeting topic
- Always display “Zoom Webinar” as the webinar topic
- You will be prompted with a dialog box that asks you to confirm the change by clicking Enable or Disable.
- When the option is grayed out, it has been locked at the account level, and you will need to make the changes there.
- You may choose to prevent all users in the group from changing these settings by clicking the lock icon and then clicking Lock to confirm the setting.