This post was most recently updated on August 31st, 2022
Do you want to download Zoom App and also want to know the function of Zoom App, Advantage, Disadvantage, Price of zoom App, etc? then You are in the right place. Read Article in Detail.
What is Zoom App
The most satisfying web conferencing system. Web conferencing is a system that enables you to communicate with distant parties using video and audio, similar to video conferencing. You will get complete information in this article, Ready to download the Zoom App? Wait. Read this complete information before downloading it.
Zoom does not require the installation of expensive dedicated systems like conventional video conferencing systems (video conferencing systems) and with an Internet connection environment, PC, mobile terminal, camera/microphone, one click from anywhere in the world available.
As you know, Zoom Meeting is a powerful and extremely popular application for conferences, meetings, online training, online learning with all the features from sharing screen content on computers. , Video Call online, Chat online, whiteboard for presentations, share documents, slide PowerPoint presentations, schedule meetings/study…
It is a web conferencing service that uses cloud computing. It is a business tool developed to hold seminars and meetings online using a computer or smartphone.
Zoom’s strength is that you can conduct web conferences anytime, anywhere, from any device.
The number of companies introducing the service is increasing year by year because it has the perfect functions even in the free plan, and the relatively cheap cost setting is evaluated even in the paid plan.
Awards have also been outstanding, and Zoom can be said to be one of the business efficiency tools that have attracted attention in recent years.
Zoom App Download – All Version and Zoom Plugins
Download Zoom Client for Meetings
If you have PC or Desktop with Windows 10 Operating System or older then you can use Zoom to download manually through the Given link. Web Browser client of Zoom app will automatically download when user join or start the first zoom meeting.
Zoom App download for PC
Zoom App download For desktop
Zoom App Download For Windows 10
Download Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook
This Zoom plugin will help tp schedule zoom Meeting with one click. it will display on tool bar of Microsoft Outlook in your pc or laptop or desktop.
Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook
Download Outlook Plugin
Add Zoom as an Add-in for Outlook on the web
Download Zoom Plugin for IBM Notes
you can schedule a zoom meeting with one click to install and enable this plugin in your IBM Notes.
Zoom Plugin for IBM Notes
Download IBM Note Plugin
Zoom Extension for Browsers
In browsers, Zoom Extension allow you to schedule or start your Meeting with single Click or within Google Calendar.
Zoom Extension for crome Browsers
Zoom Extension for Firefox Browsers
Zoom Mobile Apps
Join, start and Schedule your zoom meeting; send the image, group text and push to talk message on mobile devices.
Download From App Store
Download From Google Play
Zoom Client Plugin for Sharing iPhone/iPad
When you will try to share iPad/iPhone screen to your remote zoom meeting participants at time of Zoom Meeting then Plugin of Zoom Client install automatically on your device.
Zoom App download for Android
Zoom App download for iPhone
Zoom App download for IPad
Zoom Client Plugin for Sharing iPhone/iPad
Zoom Rooms for Conference Rooms and Touchscreen Displays
For Calendar Integration and one-touch Zoom Meeting, Install the Zoom Room (Windows) application to setup your Conference.
Zoom Rooms for Conference Rooms and Touchscreen Displays
Download Room for Conference Room
Controllers for Zoom Rooms
Install the Zoom Controller Software to the windows Tablet, Android and iPad used to control the zoom Meeting in your zoom Conference Room.
Download Controllers for Zoom Rooms for Android
Download Controllers for Zoom Rooms for Windows
Download Controllers for Zoom Rooms for iPad
Zoom Plugin for Skype for Business
For Lync The Zoom Plugin has been renamed to Zoom Plugin for Skype for Business. This Plugin allow you to start Zoom instant meeting and invite conatcts directly from Skype.
Zoom Plugin for Skype for Business
Download for Skype for Business
Zoom Installer for Windows os
Zoom Installer is a simple utility for the installation of Zoom Video Communications products for users who prefer using Microsoft Windows OS.
Zoom Installer for macOS
Zoom Installer is a simple way to install the Zoom Desktop app in a Mac, without the hassle of downloading and installing it from the App Store.
Zoom Installer for Web
You can install Zoom Scheduler extension for Chrome and Firefox that allows you to manage your Google calendar events, create or schedule new events and tasks with ease, and see all your Google calendar appointments in one place.
Zoom Installer for Linux
Zoom Installer for Linux 64-Bit and 32-Bit are the best and easiest way to install Zoom Desktop software on Linux 32-bit or 64-bit. This software will help you install Zoom Desktop in a simple and easy way.
Zoom Installer for Android
Zoom is the best tool for meeting room management and control. With the Zoom Rooms controller app, you can manage multiple rooms, zoom from anywhere, and get a full overview of your conference room set up.
Zoom Installer for iOS
With the Zoom Room Controller app you can remotely control the zoom room and join meetings from anywhere with an internet connection. The app is free and is available on App Store and Google Play.
Zoom Installers for Chrome OS
The Zoom Rooms controller app is a free app for your Zoom meeting room. With the zoom rooms controller app, you can control your Zoom rooms easily and effectively.
Zoom Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
Zoom VDI offers all the essential tools for businesses to run their entire IT environment on a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI).
Zoom Support By TOPIC
Zoom Basic Setting, Download, Install and Setup
Zoom Account Management Setting
Zoom Audio, Video, Screen Sharing and Reporting
Zoom Integrations Setting
Zoom Advanced Setting
Zoom By Product
Zoom Meetings Support
Zoom Apps and Marketplace Support
Zoom Webinar Support
Zoom Phone System Support
Zoom Contact Center Support
Zoom Events Support
Zoom Chat Support
Zoom Rooms and Workspaces Support
All Zoom Category
Web conferencing functions of Zoom
Zoom is a web conferencing tool that you can use when you want to hold a meeting online.
Its high communication quality and security are also the reasons why it has been selected by over 1 million companies and organizations worldwide, but it is also worth noting that it is too convenient.
This article mainly introduces the features of the web conferencing tool Zoom, so if you are already using Zoom or are considering using it, please check it out.
There may be new discoveries.
List of Zoom functions you should know when using Zoom
Zoom has many useful features for web conferencing, from large to small.
This time, we will introduce 13 functions that you should know at least.
- Zoom Holding and attending meetings
- Schedule Zoom meetings
- in sync with your calendar
- Zoom Meeting password setting
- Zoom Recording
- Zoom Screen sharing
- Zoom chat
- Zoom Whiteboard
- Zoom Virtual background settings
- Zoom Breakout room
- Zoom Remote control
- Zoom Spotlight Video
- Zoom Works with Slack
- Zoom Document file sharing with Box etc.
There are so many Zoom features. There are too many details to explain here. Each function is very interesting. I will explain each one briefly.
Zoom Holding and Attending Meetings
- Since Zoom is of course a web conferencing tool, you can host or participate in online meetings as well.
- It’s very easy to hold, just download and install the Zoom app on your PC, smartphone, or tablet and create an account.
- After that, if you press the “Start Meeting” button, a specialized meeting room will be opened.
- Participants have the ability to give their meeting ID number or create an invitation URL, just send it. it’s simple.
Schedule Zoom Meetings in Sync With Your Calendar
Many companies and groups use Zoom for regular meetings such as morning meetings and monthly reports. In that case, it is convenient to use the scheduled meeting function by integrating it with the following calendar.
Once integrated with your calendar, when the meeting is scheduled, click the Schedule button to notify attendees before the recurring meeting.
Zoom Meeting Password Setting
- Zoom is used not only for meetings within companies and organizations but also for web seminars.
- In that case, the number of participants will increase and management will be difficult.
- A convenient function at such times is password setting.
- If you send the set up a password at the individual meeting, go to the settings tab and enable it. This setting will give you an option to set your password required to enter the meeting room (seminar room / online salon room) along with the participation URL, you can feel secure when holding in-house meetings or paid seminars that require information management.
- Up to now, at meetings and seminars that were rented in conference rooms etc., it was necessary to record and record with shooting equipment for storage purposes and later sharing.
- However, Zoom, which holds meetings and webinars online, has a recording function (recording function), so there is no need to prepare special equipment or trouble.
- You can easily share and save recorded video and audio data.
Zoom Screen sharing
Here are the functions that are often used during Zoom meetings.
- You can share and show the specified screen to the members who are participating in the meeting.
- This eliminates the need to distribute materials in advance or print them out, and you can share them immediately.
- It is a function that will be a great help for image sharing and understanding because it explains while sharing the screen.
- Moreover, the material is displayed as a video to the members participating in the meeting, so the material data itself is not transmitted. It is perfect in terms of security.
While Zoom is often focused on video conferencing, it also has rich chat features.
- In addition to chatting, you can send chat messages only to the people you want to send during the meeting.
- You can also communicate individually behind a video conference with a large number of participants.
- Of course, you can also send a chat message to all meeting participants.
Whiteboard is a type of screen sharing function.
- If you are using Zoom on the desktop with a mouse etc., if you are using a smartphone or tablet such as iPhone or iPad, write freehand images and numbers as if you were writing on the blackboard or whiteboard A function that allows you to convey to the meeting participants as if you were sitting there.
- It’s useful for supplementing a little explanation or using it as an electronic whiteboard.
Zoom Virtual Background Settings
Virtual backgrounds allow you to set any image as the background while using a Zoom meeting.
This function is very effective when using a commercially available plain green background (chroma key), but it is very convenient because Zoom automatically separates people from the background if you have a simple background at home, etc. is. (Clothes other than green or blue are recommended)
Zoom Breakout Room
The term breakout room may be unfamiliar to many people, but in short, it is a function that allows you to set up small rooms for up to 50 teams during a meeting and hold individual meetings there. ..
It can be said that it is suitable for use when you need time to discuss in teams during a general meeting, or when you are discussing in several Contacts and Channels . You can add contacts, create contact groups at a seminar.
Zoom Remote Control
Zoom’s remote control capability is a function that allows you to remotely control the screen of the other party.
For example, it is useful for teaching how to use and the location of files to those who are unfamiliar with PC operation.
You can operate this screen, or you can use it to let the other party operate this screen.
Zoom Spotlight Video
Spotlight video is a function that is effective when you are holding a meeting with three or more people including a host.
Normally, when using Zoom in meetings and seminars, the screen of the last speaker is displayed in a large size, but if you use this spotlight video function, the screen of anyone will always be fixed. It is possible to use it by displaying it in a large size.
For example, when recording a meeting or seminar, you can keep the main person on the screen all the time, or keep the seminar commentator and lecturer displayed.
Zoom Works with Slack
Slack is used by many companies as a business chat tool. Zoom can also work with Slack.
By linking, you can smoothly start a Zoom meeting from the Slack business chat screen.
It’s a very convenient collaboration function for companies that use Slack as a gateway for communication.
Zoom Document file sharing with Box etc
Document file sharing is one of the functions that Zoom has. You can save a lot of work by linking storage services such as Zoom and Box.
For example, you can easily share materials and images saved in Box during the Zoom meeting on iPhone or iPad.
It’s very convenient that you can even share materials with the Zoom app.
How to add contacts in Zoom App
Zoom- The First Recommended Web Tool-Reasons & Benefits
Webinar tools are indispensable for online seminars and salons conducted on the Web. Many people from all over the world can participate in seminars and salons at once by using the webinar tool, so it is attractive to hold or participate at a low cost. The Zoom webinar is currently the most supported webinar tool.
In this article, we’ll explain the benefits of using a webinar tool and why Zoom webinars are so popular.
What is the Zoom webinar? Explain the advantages of introducing tools
The webinar is Webinar, a term created by combining web and seminars. It is also called an online seminar or web seminar because you can hold a seminar on the web.
Personalized video distribution, in which individuals transmit information, is becoming popular, but it is believed that online seminars for business use will spread widely as one of the marketing methods.
Live distribution (on-demand distribution) and recording distribution
Webinar tools can be live, recorded, or both.
For live distribution, the date and time of distribution are decided, and the waiting room , the screen will change to the following screen. Please wait until the host (organizer) and the participants gather at the designated online location at the same time to hold a seminar or salon.
On the other hand, recording delivery is a method of delivering what has already been recorded to the date, time, and place as needed.
There are advantages and disadvantages to both, so it cannot be generally said which is better, but with the live distribution you can interact with participants at a closer distance by taking two-way communication and recording distribution If so, it is possible to deliver correct information to the participants.
If it is a webinar tool that can perform both live distribution and recording distribution, distribution of the good parts of both, such as distributing the recorded video in the first half and finally performing opinion exchange and Q & A with live distribution Could also do
Benefits of Introducing a Zoom Webinar Tool
So what are the benefits of implementing a webinar tool?
First of all, I will give you 6 points.
- It is possible to participate at any time and place
- Large-scale attracting customers regardless of the area
- No costs such as travel expenses and venue fees
- You can proceed easily by sharing materials and screens.
- Webinar tools make it easy to join
- Review delivery and reuse of contents are also possible
- Easy to guide you to purchase products and services
Let’s take a closer look at each.
Benefits 1. You can participate at any time and place
The most important feature of the webinar tool is that you can attend seminars and salons anywhere.
In the past, participants had to go to the place where the seminar was held in the local seminar using the conference room and the lecture hall.
However, you can feel free to join us from any online salon or webinar using webinar tools that can be participated from all over Japan, or from all over the world.
Benefits 2. Large-scale attracting customers regardless of the area
In the conventional method of using a conference room or a park venue, it was necessary to attract customers considering the number of people (capacity) entering the venue.
In other words, even if 600 people are attracted to a venue of 300 people, the number of participants will not fit in the venue.
It was also necessary to manage the attributes of the users when sending invitations so that it would be meaningless to send invitations to participants living in Okinawa at the Hokkaido venue.
However, online salons and webinars that use webinars tools will be able to attract customers without considering such things.
Benefits 3.No need to move, venue, etc.
This is also a big point to introduce the webinar tool. Everything from venue fees, administration fees, staff costs, and invitations can be saved when compared to traditional methods.
Benefits 4. You can proceed easily by sharing materials and screens.
Depending on the webinar tool, not only can you display and share the material on the screen, but you can also share the screen so that all participants can see the screen you are operating.
This makes it possible to easily share materials and presentation screens that had to be screen-projected in the venue type with the participants so that seminars and salons can proceed smoothly.
Benefits 5. Feel free to join with any webinar tool
In the case of a venue-type seminar or salon, we could not confirm the organizer, panelists, lecturers, etc. unless we visited the venue, such as when attending for the first time.
However, web seminars and online salons that use webinar tools can easily participate, so we can expect that psychological hurdles will be extremely low.
You can also participate in the seminar or leave the seminar at your own timing, so it is easier compared to the venue-type seminar.
From this aspect, it is easy to recommend web seminars and online salons to friends and family.
Benefits 6. Review delivery and reuse of contents are also possible
Web seminars and online salons that use webinar tools are easy to record as recorded data, and it is easy to redistribute them to those who could not attend the seminar or salon and review and distribute them to check the contents.
After live event distribution (on-demand distribution), it is also possible to analyze the user’s reaction and re-edit it, or add information such as images and distribute it as a recording distribution.
Benefits 7. Easy to guide the purchase of goods and services
Finally, this is a point that can be done because it is a webinar or an online salon that uses a webinar tool.
For web seminars and online salons, it is easy to guide participants and users to purchase products and services.
Finally, by introducing purchase points and purchase methods for products and services, you can smoothly guide users and participants to Paypal and credit settlement.
Zoom App price Plans
Free zoom plan and 3 paid plans
Zoom has a Basic (free) plan and a paid plan. The Basic plan is free, but it has the perfect features as a business tool. With the paid plan, the number of simultaneous connections will increase and the functions will be abundant.
There are three price categories in the paid plan, and license fees are charged according to the number of users, so it can be introduced easily from a small scale. Moreover, even if it is a paid plan, the price is very reasonable!
Let’s take a closer look at the features of the Zoom free plan and the three paid plans.
(1) Basic (free) plan
- Zoom’s Basic plan is free to use.
- Even if it is free, it is fully equipped with basic functions, and it can be said that it is an attractive web conferencing system for those who want to keep costs down.
- The Basic plan is ideal for one-on-one personal meetings.
- If there are 3 or more participants, the meeting time is limited to 40 minutes, but up to 100 people can participate.
- The “Zoom Webinar,” which can be attended by up to 10,000 attendees and can be broadcast on Facebook, YouTube, etc., cannot be used with the Zoom basic plan.
- In the Basic plan, the only local recording is available for recording.
- Local recording is a recording method that saves data in the recording area of a personal computer and has the disadvantage that it can only be recorded on a personal computer.
- To learn more about Zoom’s free plan, check out this article.
(2) Pro plan
- Zoom’s Pro plan is perfect for small teams.
- Each paid plan has a fixed number of contract users, and the Pro plan has 1 to 9 users.
- In addition, the Pro plan also has an option that more than 100 people can participate in the conference, and the maximum number of participants per host can be increased to 100 people, 500 people, and 1,000 people.
- In addition to local recording, Zoom’s Pro plan and above can be recorded with cloud recording.
- With cloud recording, when you record a meeting and select Record to Cloud, the video, audio, and chat text will be recorded to the Zoom Cloud.
- Recorded files are saved in “My Recordings” and can be downloaded to your computer or shared via a link.
- With Zoom’s Pro plan, the cloud capacity is as low as 1GB per user, and if you have a one-hour meeting with a video in the gallery view, the capacity of 1GB will easily be exceeded.
- In such a case, you can increase the cloud capacity by selecting “Payment” from “My Account” and clicking “Add additional cloud recording storage”.
(3) Business plan
- Zoom’s Business plan is a course for small businesses.
- The Business plan requires a contract of at least 10 hosts and the monthly fee increases for each number of participants.
- The Business plan has more features in addition to the features of the Pro plan.
- For example, if you subscribe to the Business plan, you will be able to use management functions and single sign-on for troubleshooting.
- It will help you troubleshoot a specific problem or error message, or a function that does not work properly, so you can use it as a business tool with confidence.
(4) Enterprise plan
- Zoom’s Enterprise plan requires a minimum of 50 hosts.
- The Enterprise plan is the highest version within Zoom and is a paid plan for large companies.
- In addition to the features of the Pro plan and Business plan, you can use more functions.
- Of particular note is the unlimited cloud capacity.
- The biggest advantage of unlimited capacity is the ability to store and back up large files and data in large amounts, which is a very useful feature when a large number of files and data are used.
How to pay the Zoom fee
Zoom has three price categories, but I will explain how to pay the fee. Follow the steps below to transfer your Zoom account from a free account to a paid account.
- Go to the Zoom home page and sign in
- Click “My Account” in the upper right
- Click “Upgrade Account” on the My Profile screen
- Click the “Upgrade” tab of the plan you want to change
- Scroll down and click Continue
- Enter credit card information and settle
You can use Zoom with your paid account once payment is complete.
Four criteria for changing from the Zoom Free version to a Paid plan
Zoom is a very useful service even for the free version for general calls. However, if you switch to a paid account, you can use more convenient functions in business situations.
In particular, if you have the following four requests in the business, we recommend switching to a paid account.
- Want to consider operational aspects such as user usage history management and troubleshooting
- Requires linkage with a single sign-on product (authentication function)
- I want to keep talking with three or more people including clients for a long time
- I want to record a video call such as a meeting with cloud recording.
The features that enable these are only available with a paid plan on Zoom. By upgrading to a paid account, Zoom will be even more useful.
Where can I find the Zoom Mac app?
Four reasons Zoom gets high marks
Zoom is a service that is used by over 750,000 people worldwide regardless of size.
Japan is no exception and has been introduced by major domestic companies such as Japan Airlines (JAL), JVC Kenwood, Aisin AW, and Tokyo Midtown Management, as well as local governments such as Machida City in Tokyo and Saijo City in Ehime Prefecture. I will.
In addition, many companies have reported that management efficiency has improved after the introduction and that it has led to work style reform.
So many companies are so popular with Zoom because of its high quality.
Here are four reasons why Zoom is so popular.
- Simple and easy to use
- Excellent security
- Stable communication is possible
- No maintenance cost or cheap
I will explain each of the four reasons.
Simple and easy to use
- The first reason Zoom gets high marks is that it’s simple and easy to use.
- To join the web conference, participants simply click the URL received from the organizer or the meeting ID included in the invitation email.
- The convenience of being able to participate without the troublesome membership registration has led to high praise.
- In addition, recording, recording function can also be performed with the touch of a button.
- Not only that but if you become a paid member, you can check the saved data on your browser and share videos with URLs.
- The second reason Zoom gains high marks is its excellent security.
- Since Zoom is a cloud service, it is strictly managed on a dedicated server.
- It also has functions such as participation domain restriction and log management function, so it can be said that it is a highly confidential tool.
- It is necessary to consider security such as information leakage in company confidential matters and confidential meetings, but in that respect, Zoom does not have to worry about security vulnerabilities.
Stable communication is possible
- The third reason why Zoom is highly regarded is that stable communication is possible.
- Other web conferencing systems are easily affected by network lines and communication may become unstable depending on the situation.
- However, Zoom’s unique technology does not disturb communication even on narrow-band mobile lines.
- Therefore, even if multiple people talk at the same time, there is almost no stress.
- As with a regular meeting, you’ll be able to proceed as smoothly as if you were having a conversation in the same room.
Maintenance costs are unnecessary or cheap
- The fourth reason Zoom earns high marks is that maintenance costs are unnecessary or cheap.
- Even the Enterprise plan, which is the highest paid plan, can be used for less than 2,500 yen per month per host.
- No matter how highly functional the tool is, even if it has a good reputation if the price is too high, the cost of sales and management will jump and it will not be practical.
- In that respect, Zoom can be said to be the best tool of COSPA, that is, it has more functions than price.
- If you are wondering whether it suits your company, you can get a Zoom account for free, you can use the basic plan for free, so first, use the free version to experience the basic features of Zoom, and if necessary, to the paid version. Why not consider a migration?
- This time, I introduced the details of the Zoom price and price plan.
- The web conferencing system Zoom has free and low-priced plans, and each plan has useful functions for building good relationships with customers and increasing their own sales.
- In addition, video and audio are both high quality, and security is perfect. Nowadays, it is an indispensable tool in the business scene.
- When implementing a paid plan with Zoom, be sure to grasp what is lacking in your company so that you can improve operational efficiency efficiently.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Zoom app.
Advantages of Zoom
There are many advantages to Zoom as there is only a latecomer online conference application. We will introduce the merits while sharing the impression of actually using it.
I thoroughly investigated the advantages and disadvantages of zoom. a zoom is a great option for remote (online) consultation!
Advantage – Easy connection for anyone
- An easy connection is very important.
- Online consulting saves time and effort for each other than visiting the office, but many people find it difficult because they are new to online tools and apps.
- Therefore, we must lower that psychological hurdle as much as possible.
- With Skype, you can call each other by exchanging IDs, so you can use it as if you were calling.
- However, you have to install the app or software and obtain an ID in advance.
- After all, it seems that they are shunned when it is more difficult than telephone calls.
Advantage – Stable operation
- Of course, during the consultation, I want to concentrate on the contents of the consultation, but if the line is cut off during the consultation or it is very difficult to hear, it will be difficult for them to concentrate on each other.
- This is also due to the performance of the app, but I think it depends to a great extent on the speed and quality of each other’s internet connection.
- It is natural to prepare an optical line-level here, but it is often difficult to control because the customer’s internet line is often weak.
Advantage – High quality and functionality
- Of course, it would be nice if it works stably and the sound and images are clear.
- Also, since it’s just online, I want a “more than a phone” function.
- It’s common now to be able to show your face in a video, but I think it’s very important to explain while sharing the screen of the material.
- Whether or not there is a function around this, it is important how much choice and quality it is.
- From my experience so far, I think it would be okay if these things were met.
- So, I experimented with how much “zoom” that I introduced to an acquaintance met or did not meet these conditions.
Advantage – Zoom can be easily connected by anyone with a browser
- The mechanism to connect zoom is to create a “meeting room” and let everyone connect to it.
- (The figure is quoted from the official zoom website )
- As shown in this figure, the desktop OS can be selected and the device can be accessed from a PC, smartphone, or tablet.
- Moreover, the participation of zoom is interesting is a very simple point.
- For example, when the meeting organizer sends an invitation by email, it looks like this:
- (Of course, you can edit the text of the email as you like)
- If you are joining the internet, anyone can easily join by clicking the link in the red frame.
- If the app is not installed for the first time, a guide like this will appear.
- Then, you can easily connect by installing the application and entering the ID or clicking the link in the email again.
- The ID changes each time you hold a meeting. Therefore, rather than having a person with an ID, each conference has an ID and it is like connecting to it.
- There is “Mikogo” as a similar online conference app, but it seems that I made it even more sophisticated and made it possible to connect it from the phone, etc.
- Skype is designed based on a one-on-one dialogue, and an ID is assigned to each account.
- Therefore, before connecting, it will take some time to connect such as “Please obtain an account” or “Share your contacts”.
- On that point, the zoom is an online conferencing system that assumes a large number of participants and is designed so that participants can easily connect without needing to obtain an ID.
- It’s very easy.
- Of course, you can also use it one-to-one.
Advantage – Zoom Works Fairly Stable
- I tried various things such as connecting with my smartphone, but there is no particular drop in the application, and I think it is stable enough under the present circumstances.
- Also, an LTE connection is possible enough, and you will be able to connect easily from your smartphone or tablet.
- The wifi is unstable at my home, but I can still connect, but when it becomes unstable, the message “connection is unstable” came out.
- It is not due to zoom that the net is unstable, but you can see that it is supposed to be up to that point.
Advantage – Zoom’s schedule management is convenient
- When I tried it myself, I was connected to a smartphone and a PC, and the internet environment was Wifi and LTE.
- So the quality of the video is decent. This area may switch automatically depending on the line speed.
- The zoom has a characteristic function and it is easy to set up a schedule.
- From the host’s menu, select Schedule to set up a scheduled meeting.
- If necessary, set a password and press the schedule button …
- How the input of the Google calendar is completed automatically!
- This is too convenient.
- If you always have meetings with fixed members, sharing the calendar itself seems to be a very efficient way to hold meetings.
- The language is English, so I think it would be perfect if I could customize the text myself.
- Various sharing functions that do not depend on the device
- Another useful feature of zoom is its versatile and “secure” sharing features.
- Skype also has screen sharing, but for some reason, it can or cannot be shared depending on the device.
- It was technically possible to use any device, which was one of Skype’s major complaints.
- To be honest, whether or not it can be shared by customers is a problem that has nothing to do with this essence, and I would like to end it.
- Zoom solves this problem and lets you share your screens no matter which device you are on!
- Not only can you share screens, but you can also share whiteboards and photos, making it easier for you to hold meetings.
- You can share various windows, whiteboards, etc. from the desktop like this.
- From a smartphone
- You can share various resources by displaying them on the screen.
- Shared “features” are basically nothing to complain about.
- This was quite inspiring, as Skype sharing was pretty poor.
- However, there is one problem with sharing …
- I’ll talk about this later.
Advantage – Can remotely support the other party’s screen on Zoom
- This is a feature that I rarely use, but it is very useful when it comes to an emergency.
- For example, when I am consulting online, customers may be confused by the operation of the application.
- Since I can communicate with the voice, I give advice on various operations by voice, but sometimes I can not communicate.
- In such a case, if you can remotely control the other party’s desktop from here, you can solve it quickly and you will be satisfied.
- To enable this remote support, open the Settings menu, and click Enable Extensions under the General tab.
- A web page of settings will open. Click “Edit” to the right of In Meeting (Advanced), turn on “Remote support”, and save.
- This completes the settings. Please restart Zoom.
- The remote support function is the support at the right end of the Zoom menu.
- Of course, we will do it after obtaining the permission of the other party, but I would be glad if there is such a function so that the customer does not have to worry about things that are not related to the content of the consultation.
- Until now, the remote support function could only be realized with some apps such as TeamViewer, but I think it has become easier to use with the advent of Zoom.
- This is a feature that Skype does not have, and depending on the application it opens up new possibilities for services.
- For example, it may be possible to teach how to use online securities to customers who do not know how to use it.
- Of course, you can’t do things like order, but I think you’ll be happy if you don’t do that.
Advantage – Easy Recording.
- We do not record or record by individual remote consultation, but there should be a high need such as webinars (WEB online seminars) that we want to record it as the main speaker.
- Therefore, the zoom has a built-in recording function as a standard feature.
- I tried using it, just push the button. It is very easy and can be used without difficulty.
- It seems that the compression of media files will start after the meeting.
- I can’t say that because I haven’t done a long-term endurance test, but at least I bought a special app like Skype and set it up, so it’s a hassle! There is nothing like that.
- I’ve never done a webinar, but it’s a very nice feature to do.
Disadvantages of Zoom
There are many advantages of Zoom, but there are some disadvantages at present, and there are things that you can do with Skype but it is difficult to do with Zoom.
Disadvantages – The disadvantage of the zoom? The large delay occurs when sharing
- This may be my environment only, but sometimes there was a big “delay” when sharing.
- For example, I often share PDF screens with customers and explain while turning pages, but when I try to do the same thing with zoom, the timing of voice and page-turning gradually shifts. Sweat
- If the delay is 1 second or 2 seconds, there is no problem, but the audio arrives almost in real-time, but the page-turning of the PDF is delayed by 5 seconds or 10 seconds, so it is true. Not practical.
- It’s a great system, so I’m disappointed, or I would like you to improve it here soon. (I hope it has been improved in the latest version)
- In the case of Skype, there are certain things that can not be shared, but once shared, there is not much delay.
Disadvantages – I can’t send a message in advance
- In the case of Skype, you can exchange each other’s Skype ID in advance and connect from each other.
- Zoom is designed to allow you to connect directly via a URL without exchanging IDs.
- This is big merit, but in fact, there are demerits,
- “Can’t send a message before session”
- There is a problem (specification?)
- If it’s Skype before you start the session
- “Thank you, Mr. ◯◯, today.”
- I sent a message such as, and I was able to casually remind, but Zoom can not do this, so there is no choice but to wait for the connection until the time comes.
- It’s a little inconvenient, but I think that it would be fine if we could hand over this phone number to the customer and respond by phone if it does not come out.
Disadvantages – If you do not have the same version of the app, some functions may not be available
- I can’t quite confirm this, but the other day, if I was using the sharing function of the whiteboard, there were times when I was the only person who could not write.
- There is also a description that when you search the net, you must have the latest version of the application.
- I was planning on using the latest version, but it is still under active development, and it seems to be updated frequently.
- We recommend that you keep the app up to date, as once a month is enough to avoid inconvenience to our customers.
- Also, don’t forget to ask repeat customers to update the app.
Disadvantages – Business use of Zoom is a paid plan
- I don’t know if this is a disadvantage, but Zoom’s free plan limits each meeting room to 40 minutes. However, if there are only two people, there is no time limit.
- It would be nice to create a new conference room and reconnect it, but what if this person was doing this before the customer? I can’t concentrate on consulting in the first place.
- So, if you use it for business, don’t hesitate to make a paid plan.
- If Skype is free, there is no limit on connection time, but I think that Zoom is more advantageous for the above reasons.
- You don’t want to worry about screen sharing or not, right?
- It’s not a big deal to pay, so it won’t be a problem.
Summary of advantages and disadvantages of zoom
- A very convenient zoom for web conferences and webinars.
- It seems to be spreading rapidly in the United States recently due to its ease of use and ease of use.
- I’ve also started using Zoom, and there are some disadvantages, but the advantages are greater, so I can concentrate on consulting.
- Would you like to start remote consultation with Zoom?
- Finally one more
- It’s a matter of course, so I’m sure you’ve already understood, but remote customer service using Zoom is also a story without one customer.
- Conversely, if you can attract customers online, you will naturally apply for remote applications, and remote customers will be very happy because you can use Zoom to reduce the time and cost of travel.
Zoom Can be used to conduct online interviews to find a new job during quarantine.
Video or microphone off by participant or attendee in Zoom App