This post was most recently updated on July 29th, 2022
The following information may be helpful to you if you are having trouble troubleshooting or resolving common issues with Zoom for Outlook. See the Microsoft support site if you need further troubleshooting suggestions.
How to troubleshoot common issues with the Zoom for Outlook add-in
Issue: There have been some configurations made to the Outlook Add-in, however it is not able to authenticate and it will not allow you to schedule a meeting.
Suggestion: Your network should be allowed to access the following URLs.
Security settings error (Windows, Outlook web)
Issue:There is an error message that is displayed by the browser, stating that it is unable to display a dialog box because of its security settings. Please try another browser or configure your browser so that the domain shown in your address bar is in the same security zone as the [URL].
Suggestion: If your security settings allow you to add trusted sites, you should add Zoom to that list.
- Go to the Control Panel and open it.
- Select the Network and Internet option or the Internet Options option from the menu.
- To access the Security tab, click on it.
- In the Trusted sites section, click on the Sites tab, and then select the Trusted sites zone.
- Click on the Add button at the bottom of the page after entering the URL that appears in the error message.
- I would suggest that you try using the add-in again. In case the problem persists, it is recommended to check the settings for the other security zones, and make sure that the domain that is displayed in the address bar of the Office application is in the same security zone as the URL that is displayed in the add-in’s domain.
Access error (Windows, Outlook desktop)
Issue:”Trunk***.js access denied” is an error message that appears in the Windows Outlook console log when the application is launched.
Due to the fact that the add-in does not have permission to access local settings, the browser is required to give the add-in permission to access these settings instead. To enable access to your account, please follow the steps below:
- If your IT Administrator has not run ‘icacls %userprofile%/Appdata/LocalLow /t /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)L’ for all users, then you can ask them to do so.
- Start Internet Explorer by clicking on the Start button. Ensure that you are not using the browser in private mode at the moment.
- If you click on the gear icon, you will be able to choose Internet options.
- To access the security tab, click the Security button.
- You can do this by clicking on Trusted sites and then clicking on Sites.
- Click on the Add button after you have entered https://zoom.us.
- Check the box next to Enable Protected Mode to enable it.
- The security level should be set to Medium-High in order to ensure a high level of security.
- The Advanced tab can be accessed by clicking on it.
- Check the box next to Enable DOM Storage in the Security section of the window.
Add-in not working (Windows, Outlook web)
Issue: There is a problem with the Outlook add-in.
Suggestion: If you are using Internet Explorer, you should turn on script debugging.
- The first thing you need to do is to open Internet Explorer. If your browser is in private mode, make sure it is not set to that mode.
- You can access Internet options by clicking the gear icon on the toolbar.
- Select the Advanced tab from the drop-down menu.
- It is recommended that you do not check either Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and Disable script debugging (Other) in the Browsing section.
Note: If the problem persists, uncheck these settings only for the purpose of troubleshooting. You will be prompted when you browse if you leave them unchecked, so make sure you do not forget to do so. It is important to ensure that both options are enabled once the issue has been resolved.
Add-in doesn’t activate in Office 2013 desktop
If you perform the following tasks, you will not be able to activate the add-in:
- In Office 2013, you can sign in with your Microsoft account by using your credentials.
- Your Microsoft account can be protected by two-step verification by enabling it.
- The process of installing an add-in and verifying your identity is described below.
Suggestion: You should check to make sure that the latest Office updates have been installed, or you can download the Office 2013 update.
Add-in updates not appearing in ribbon menu (Outlook desktop)
Issue:The changes made to ribbon buttons or menu items in the add-in do not take effect when the add-in is updated.
Suggestion: Delete the old versions of Office from the cache in Office.
- Windows: The first thing that you need to do is to delete everything within the folder,
- Mac: You will need to delete the contents of the folder,
Invalid Meeting ID error
Issue:Whenever attendees try to join a Zoom meeting by clicking on a calendar item in Outlook, they are given an error message stating that they have an invalid meeting ID.
Suggestion: Usually, this happens after a Zoom meeting has been rescheduled or after a single occurrence of a recurring event has been added to the calendar. It is important that the Zoom meeting is updated in Outlook.
- The Outlook calendar item can be opened by clicking on the Edit button.
- On the top toolbar, there are three dots that you need to click on.
- If you are prompted to log into your Zoom account, do so.
- To access Zoom, click here.
- On the left side of the screen, click Settings.
- Click on Update to apply the changes you have made to your meeting options.
- The calendar item can be saved or sent by clicking on the Save or Send button.