While you are using a home or non-enterprise WiFi connection, you may encounter a number of issues such as latency, freezing screens, poor quality audio, or meeting getting disconnected. In this case, the following steps can be tried:
- The following video will give you an overview of WiFi connectivity
- If you want to make sure that your Internet connection is fast, you can use an Internet speed test such as NPERF, Speedtest, or Comparitech
- If your router has wired ports, then you may be able to connect directly via wired (if you have one).
- In the event that you are in your home or office, try bringing your laptop, mobile device, or WiFi access point closer to the router, if it is nearby
- nearby. You can also update the firmware on your Wi-Fi router. If the firmware upgrade is available, you should check the support site for your WiFi router vendor.
- In order to increase the distance and strength of the WiFi signal, you can use an extender like the one made by Amped Wireless or Linksys
- In order to generate a stronger WiFi signal on your PC or Mac, you must use a higher power/long range WiFi device, such as an amplified wireless router or adapter.
- [Home] If you have a cable modem, you should use one that supports DOCSIS 3.0 to improve internet speed
You can try the following if you are connected to corporate WiFi:
- You may want to change your connection to a wired one.
- If possible, change your WiFi connection to another one
- Use an online speed test tool to check the speed of your Internet connection, like nperf, Speedtest, or Comparitech.
- Contact your company’s IT department if you need to determine if your WiFi hotspot is working properly.
- You may want to disable group HD in Account Management if you are having problems with Wi-Fi bandwidth.
- If you do not need to use your corporate VPN during the meeting, you should turn it off.
There is also the possibility of joining a test meeting.