As part of our efforts to provide a better experience for Zoom schedulers after these dates, we will be updating their behavior:
- September 20, 2020
- Outlook add-in (web and desktop) and plugin
- Desktop client scheduler (macOS, Windows, Linux)
- Mobile app scheduler (iOS, Android)
- September 22, 2020
- Google Calendar browser extensions (Chrome, Firefox, and Safari)
Updates to Zoom schedulers
Efforts will continue to be applied to sync the user’s Zoom web portal settings for every new meeting scheduled beyond these dates. It is only when a user changes the settings of an ongoing meeting that it will be reflected in the schedule. All future scheduled meetings will use the default settings that the user has already set on their web portal account.
Note: Only the Waiting Room settings and the Passcode will sync from the web portal if you have the Google Calendar browser extension (Chrome, Firefox, and Safari). The rest of the settings will still follow the values defined in the scheduler on the local machine.
Read it also –
Below are tables that summarize what our users can do to schedulers based on their preferences in the Zoom web portal:
|Scheduler||Settings sync from user’s web portal settings|
|Zoom desktop client||✔|
|Zoom mobile app||✔|
|Zoom web portal||✔
|Google Calendar browser extensions (Chrome, Firefox, and Safari)||( passcode and Waiting Room settings)|
|Google Calendar add-on and other Marketplace integrations||✔
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are there any things that will remain the same?
- Zoom’s web portal includes an online scheduling tool
- The integrations you can use from the Marketplace, such as Google Calendar add-ons, and integrations from third-parties
How will users be notified of this update?
You will be prompted to schedule a meeting or webinar when you click on the Schedule Meeting or Webinar button:
“Your Zoom web portal settings have been synced with your Zoom scheduling settings”
Click “Change Settings”
How does the assistant’s schedule relate to the boss’s? In other words, whose settings does an assistant see?
The scheduling privileges of an assistant will follow the boss’s scheduling only if he or she has the scheduling privilege of a boss. The settings will sync from the settings you selected in the web portal for the user that you are scheduling for in a future release of the application.
Can customers who are using VDI benefit from this update?
It is true. The VDI client has been updated as well.
Which differences are there between the latest version of the client and the older version?
If you want to change your settings for the new scheduler, you will now be presented with a dismissible banner about this change with a link to the web settings page.
The change is only available for desktop clients and outlook plugins. In order for customers to see it, they will have to update to the new client.
Changes will be rolled out immediately for the browser extensions including Google Calendar and the Outlook add-in to the Google Calendar browser extension, regardless of which version each scheduler is.
Would this be an issue if a user selected “Don’t show again” and selected the setting when scheduling the appointment?
It is possible, however, to sync the scheduler settings from the user’s web portal settings.
Do you think it is necessary to restart the scheduler?
It will not be necessary to restart the scheduler after the implementation of this change. All changes will be applied automatically.
Will the cancelled meetings have an effect on previously scheduled meetings?
It is not. As a result of the change, only future meetings that users are planning to hold will be affected.
When was Zoom updated?
- Features that are generally available. Recordings stored in the cloud can now be accessed more easily. …
- Feature set for meetings and webinars. The interpreter can provide interpretation in up to 25 different custom languages. …
- A number of features are available for meetings. All breakout rooms will be broadcasted with mic audio from all breakout rooms. …
- There are a number of features available for webinars. …
- The whiteboard has a number of features that can be used. …
- The ability to chat with other users. …
- Features available on the phone. …
- The features that are available in the Contact Center.