Meetings in Zoom Rooms can be scheduled so that they follow the Google or Microsoft calendars that are associated with the Zoom Room. Meetings can be set to start automatically based on the time set in the calendar at the start of the meeting or to stop based on the time set at the end of the meeting. By using these options, users will no longer need to manually start and stop meetings in the room by using a controller every time they want to do so.
Prerequisites for automatically starting/stopping Zoom Room meetings
- Integration of Zoom Rooms with a Google or Microsoft calendar
- Zoom Rooms iPad Controller 4.2.37605.0629 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for Mac 4.4.0 or higher
- Zoom Rooms for PC version 4.4.0 or higher
How to enable the automatic start/stop of scheduled meetings
- To access the Zoom web portal, you need to sign in.
- Then click on Zoom Rooms under Room Management.
- To edit this feature, you need to select a level within the Zoom Rooms hierarchy which you would like to edit. You can choose whether to manage the entire account settings, or to edit certain states, buildings, floors, or rooms within the account.
- To access the Meetings tab, click on the tab.
- You can turn on and off Automatic start and/or Automatic stop scheduled meetings by clicking on the toggle buttons next to them.
- Verify that the change has been made by clicking Enable.
- (Optional) If you want to lock this setting for the whole account, you can click the padlock icon to lock the setting for the whole account.
How to use upcoming meeting alerts
The upcoming meeting alerts can also be enabled on Zoom Rooms if you want to display a message that will automatically appear on the Zoom Rooms display informing your participants that they are going to be notified of an upcoming meeting. Ten minutes before the scheduled start time, a notification will appear on the screen.