As a result of autonomous single app mode (ASAM), a user’s device locks every time he or she signs in or out of a specific app, and is released as soon as the user signs out. There are no other features available on the app while it is locked.
It is very easy to enable ASAM on your iOS controller once you have enrolled your devices in Zoom’s mobile device management service (ZDM), or through a third party MDM. You will then be able to install Zoom Rooms on your iOS controller once you have configured ASAM. In the Zoom Rooms app for iPad, you will find that it is in ASAM mode when you launch it.
The following topics are covered in this article:
- How to enable ASAM with ZDM
Prerequisites for enabling ASAM with ZDM
- A Supervised Mode must be selected on the iOS controller
- ZDM must be installed on the iOS controller in order to function
How to enable ASAM with ZDM
- Click on the Room Management button at the top of the Zoom web portal and then on Zoom Rooms to access the Zoom Rooms feature.
- Depending on your needs, you may wish to enable ASAM for a specific Zoom Room or for all of your Zoom Rooms by clicking the Account Settings option.
- To enable Autonomous Single App Mode, click on the icon next to the option.
- Enable the feature by clicking on the Enable button.
In the event that you experience network problems, you can leave ASAM (protected by passwords) and take care of the issue using the Zoom Rooms app.