A Zoom Events host can choose the type of event they wish to host based on their interactions with participants, the size and scale of the event, the number of sessions, and the event experience they wish to create for them. Two types of events are available to hosts: Events and Conferences.
The Zoom Events platform also has dedicated event hubs for free and paid events as well as customizable registration and ticketing options.
This article covers:
- Event types for Zoom Events
- Event type comparison
- How to choose a Meeting or Webinar for a session
- How to edit an event
Prerequisites for event types for Zoom Events
- Desktop client for Zoom
- The latest version of Windows is 5.7.6 or higher
- A macOS version of 5.7.6 or higher is required
- Client for Zoom on mobile devices
- The iOS version must be 5.7.6 or higher
- The Android version must be 5.7.6 or higher
- Account type: Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education
- To create paid events, you need a Stripe or PayPal Business account
- License for Zoom Events
- Licenses for Zoom meetings and/or Zoom webinars
- Despite the fact that version 5.7.6 supports Zoom Events, there may still be an issue for hosts as a result of a dependency with Windows’ Webview package for the Windows platform.
- It is strongly recommended that hosts upgrade to the latest version of the Zoom desktop and mobile applications if they wish to be able to take advantage of the latest Zoom Events and Webinar features.
Event types for Zoom Events
There is no set type of event that will work best for your event. A lot of it depends on how big, how widespread, and how many sessions you are planning to have at your event, as well as how big and how widely spread that event will be.
A single-day event can be run using Meetings or Webinars, which will include a single-session Meeting or Webinar during the course of the event. In order to convert a meeting/webinar to an event, event hosts will have the ability to do so. The event attendees will also have access to Q&A sessions, join the event 15 minutes before it begins, and receive HD recordings of the event as well.
In addition to the above, the event format can also be used for the following use cases:
- Meeting of all hands
- Townhall Style Meeting
- Networking events
- ERG events
Multi-day events can be run with meetings and webinars that contain multiple tracks and sessions. In addition, you can run concurrent sessions as well as streaming previews of each session. Furthermore, attendees will be able to take advantage of a much more enhanced lobby, sponsorship networking, and booth areas.
The conference format can be used for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Convention-center style events
- Trade shows
- Large conferences
- Global trainings
Event type comparison
The following table provides a comparison of the Zoom Events event types.
|Free or *Paid tickets||✔||✔|
|Single Meeting or Webinar||✔||✔|
|Live streaming to Lobby||✔|
|Enable HD video for Attendees||✔||✔|
|Custom Registration questions||✔|
There are only certain regions that offer paid events.
How to choose a meeting or Webinar for a session
This guide compares Zoom meetings with webinars for more information.
How to edit an event
Zoom Events can be edited in this article.