This post was most recently updated on July 23rd, 2022
Data on call and SMS usage and adoption for a Zoom Phone account or site can be found in the Zoom Phone usage and adoption dashboard. You can view the number of calls made and received and the number of SMS messages sent.
Verifying bill charges should not be done using the dashboard. You can access the phone usage reports to view usage data and verify bill charges.
This article covers:
- How to view the usage and adoption dashboard for phone calls
- How to view the usage and adoption dashboard for SMS
Prerequisites for viewing the usage and adoption dashboard
- Accounts for businesses or educational institutions
- Ownership or admin privileges on an account
- Licensed Zoom Phone
How to view the usage and adoption dashboard for phone calls
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Click Dashboard and Zoom Phone in the navigation menu.
- On the Usage & Adoption tab, click Usage & Adoption.
- You will find the Calls tab on the left side of the screen.
- Changing the date range in the top-left corner of the chart is an option, so click there and select the start and end dates of the period you want to change.
- In case you have more than one site, click the Site field in order to display metrics only for that particular site if you have more than one site.
The following data will be displayed to you:
- Total Inbound Calls:
- Internal extensions made the most inbound calls.
- Completed Calls:
- An extension’s response rate to inbound calls. The number includes calls that have been forwarded and answered either internally or externally.
- Missed Calls:
- An extension’s failure to answer inbound calls. Forwarded calls to extensions, external numbers, or messages are included here. Forwarded calls to internal or external extensions that were not answered also fall under this category.
- Total Outbound Calls:
- Number of external extensions making inbound calls.
- Answered Calls:
- Response rate for outbound calls. Forwarded calls or calls forwarded to voicemail are included in this category.
- Unanswered Calls:
- A measure of the number of voicemails or outbound calls that went unanswered.
- Total Internal Calls:
- Interextension calls are counted as a whole.
- Completed Calls:
- Extending the extension answered the most internal calls. Forwarded calls that were answered by an internal number or an external number are included in this category.
- Missed Calls:
- Extenders that did not answer internal calls. Forwarded calls to extensions, external numbers, and messages are included here. Forwarded calls without an answer can also be included in this category.
- Inbound Call Time:
- Inbound call time total.
- Outbound Call Time:
- Inbound call time as a percentage of total call time.
- VoIP Call Time: Total amount of call time resulting from internal calls.
- International Call Time:
- Total amount of call time resulting from international calls.
- Toll-Free Call Time:
- Total amount of call time resulting from toll-free calls.
- Leaderboard Top 10:
- A chart that displays the 10 extensions with the most calls in order of their popularity. To filter the calls based on the type of call, click the tabs on the left.
- A phone user placing an outbound call will see, on the leaderboard, despite the fact that the caller’s caller ID is different from the one selected by the caller for placing the call, the Extension Type will be User and the Number will be the primary direct number assigned to the caller (if they have one).
How to view the usage and adoption dashboard for SMS
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging in to your account.
- Click on the Zoom Phone tab on the Dashboard after you have navigated to it.
- The tab Usage & Adoption can be found by clicking on the link above.
- You will find the Calls tab on the left hand side of the screen.
- It is possible (optional) to change the time period by selecting the start and end dates in the top-left corner of the screen.
- In order to display metrics only for a specific site, you may click the Site field if you have multiple sites listed.
This is what you will see when you click on the link:
- Total SMS Users:
- Approximately how many people have their phones equipped with SMS capability.
- International SMS Users:
- Percentage of SMS users who are able to use international SMS services and number of SMS users who do so.
- Total SMS Messages:
- The number of SMS messages that are received by SMS users, both inbound and outbound, as well as internal SMS messages that are sent. There is a number of internal SMS messages that are sent between SMS users within a specific account. IM messages that contain images (such as MMS messages) as well as group and team SMS messages are not included in these metrics.
- Total MMS Messages:
- SMS users are receiving and sending MMS messages (messages that contain an image) in both inbound and outbound directions.
- Team SMS to Call Queue:
- This is the total number of SMS messages that have been received or sent by call queues as a result of inbound or outbound calls.
- Team SMS to Auto Receptionist:
- By using auto receptionists, you can monitor the total number of SMS messages you receive or send to and from other machines.
- Leaderboard Top 10:
- The number of SMS messages sent to the top 10 extensions is displayed on the screen. Filter by message type by clicking the tabs on the left side of the screen.
- SMS messages sent to teams and MMS (messages with images) are not included in the Total SMS metric.