By enabling the use of classic whiteboard, a meeting host can display whiteboards during a meeting with participants.
Click on the following link to find out more about the Zoom Whiteboard.
Activating classic whiteboard requires a number of prerequisites
- If you are the owner of the account or an admin, you have the following privileges:
The process of enabling classic whiteboarding can be found here
Screen sharing setting can be turned off by selecting the ‘Screen sharing’ setting. This will also imply that the ‘Whiteboard (Classic)’ setting will automatically be turned off and not be able to be changed.
Whiteboard can be enabled for all users in the account by following these steps:
- Please sign in as an account administrator with the privilege of editing account settings in the Zoom web portal.
- Navigate to Account Management on the left side of the screen, and click Account Settings.
- Click Meetings on the left hand side of the screen.
- To enable the Whiteboard (Classic) option under In Meeting (Basic), click the toggle switch to the left of it.
- You may be prompted for verification, in which case you should click Enable.
- You may also choose to make this setting mandatory for all the users in your account by clicking the lock icon (optional).
A group of users can enable Whiteboard by following the instructions below:
- As an administrator with the right to edit groups in Zoom, log in to the web portal.
- In both the User Management and Groups Management tabs, click on the corresponding icon.
- On the Groups Management page, click on the name of the group for which you need access.
- Select the Meetings tab on the left hand side.
- You can enable the Whiteboard (Classic) wizard by clicking the Whiteboard (Basic) toggle under In Meeting (Basic).
- The change will be verified by clicking Enable if a verification dialog shows up.
- A grayed out option means that the option has been locked at the account level, and it must be changed at that level in order to be changed.
- For those who wish to make the setting mandatory, click the lock icon when you choose to make it mandatory. When you are finished, click Lock to confirm the setting.
Whiteboard can be enabled for your own use by following these steps:
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by using your email address and password.
- In the navigation panel, click Settings.
- Next, Click on the Meeting tab.
- For enable click the Whiteboard (Classic) toggle to Under In Meeting (Basic), .
- click Enable to verify the change for a verification dialog appears, .
- when the option is grayed out, it has been locked at either the group or account level and needs to be changed at that level.