This post was most recently updated on August 1st, 2022
The Zoom web portal or Salesforce are two ways in which you can schedule Zoom meetings. As a result of the integration, Zoom web portal meeting information is seamlessly synced to Salesforce events when you use the Zoom web portal.
It is possible to use this integration with both Lightning and Classic versions of Salesforce.
It is possible for you to do the following with this integration:
- Whenever you create, update, or delete an event in Salesforce, you can schedule a Zoom meeting.
- Instant Zoom meetings can be started and automatically created events can be automatically created directly from leads or contacts.
- Your Instant Meetings are shown as part of your Activity History and are also listed in the Zoom Meetings section of your profile.
- Reports can be viewed for Zoom meetings.
- The information from Zoom meetings can be synced with Salesforce.
- Sync your Google Calendar with your meeting schedule.
Prerequisites for using Zoom Meetings in Salesforce
- Account for business users
- A Zoom app for Salesforce is now available
- It is the responsibility of the Salesforce administrator to configure Zoom Meeting and add the Zoom Meeting objects to each of the respective Salesforce layouts.
Note: Contact your Zoom and Salesforce administrators if you do not find the app installed or if you do not see the features available.
How to start instant meetings in Salesforce
This integration provides you with the ability to start instant Zoom meetings directly from these pages by clicking the Start Zoom Meeting button on the quick actions menu:
- Service appointments (if enabled)
Click the quick actions dropdown on a lead or contact and click the Start Zoom Meeting button when you are on the lead or contact. There is a Zoom meeting launch button under the record of the lead or contact and an event is also created under that record.
The option to send email to attendees at the start of the Zoom meeting has been enabled on the Zoom Config page, in which case you will be redirected to the email interface page where you can send an email to your attendees with the Zoom meeting details.
Send email invites when starting a meeting
The integration will automatically send an email to the attendees with the Zoom meeting details as soon as you click the Start Zoom Meeting button.
There is a requirement that the setting Send Email to Attendees at Launch be enabled before this feature can be used.
How to manage Zoom meetings as events
If you are creating an event in Salesforce, the Zoom Meeting Integration will provide you with the following features on the event detail page when you create an event:
- Scheduling Zoom meetings
You will have the option to schedule a Zoom meeting when you create or update an event in Salesforce.
- Starting scheduled meetings
In order to start a Zoom meeting after adding it to an event, just click on the Join URL under the Meeting Details section of the event detail page, or hit the Start Zoom Meeting button on the event detail page once the Zoom meeting has been added.
- Configuring customer start time
Under the Customer Start Time section when creating an event, you have the option of setting the following: the date, the time, and the time zone.
For these settings, the customer will be asked to enter their preferences. The start and end times of the event are displayed in the time zone of the customer once the event has been saved. The system adjusts and converts the meeting start time to your time zone automatically as soon as the meeting starts.
- Sending emails when scheduling events
It is possible to send an email to your contacts, leads, and users when you add a Zoom Meeting to an event by clicking the Send Email button. In the field entitled ‘Enter Email Address of Attendees’, you can enter the email addresses of additional attendees in order to add them to your event.
- Using Zoom PMI and Join Before Host options
My Zoom PMI: You can schedule Zoom meetings using your personal meeting ID (PMI) by logging into your Zoom account.
- Join Before Host: In order to facilitate your Zoom meeting, make sure that attendees can join the meeting before the hosts start it or join it.
View and refresh meeting details in Salesforce
Note:The meeting must have at least two participants in order to be successful.
On the details page of a Zoom meeting, you will be able to see information about that meeting. After the Zoom meeting has ended, the host will be able to provide you with the details of the meeting.
By clicking on the Sync Meeting Details button, you will be able to manually refresh the information. From the Zoom web portal, this method pulls the latest meeting information and updates the status, Zoom meeting start and duration information, participants, and recording information of the Zoom meeting.
A part of the integration is the automatic syncing of the data on an hourly basis as part of its daily routine.
How to create events for external Zoom meetings
In order to sync external Zoom meetings with Salesforce, the administrator must enable the integration.
Using the Zoom web portal or Zoom client, you can create external Zoom meetings in order to host meetings with others. As a result of the integration, Zoom meetings are automatically found in Salesforce and events are created in Salesforce according to the matching contacts and leads.
It is essential that you ensure the following when setting up external Zoom meetings in order to ensure that they sync successfully with Salesforce:
- There is an active Salesforce user who is hosting the Zoom meeting.
- An owner of the Salesforce contact or lead is the person who hosts the Zoom meeting.
- It is required that at least one of the participants is a Salesforce contact or lead.
- In Salesforce, the first and last names of the meeting participant match those of the contact or lead with the same first and last name. Zoom meeting participants are matched with the appropriate contact and lead based on the first and last names that are used in the integration.
View external Zoom meeting details
Zoom meetings can be associated with Salesforce contacts and leads, and meetings can be scheduled with events. You can also view the activity history of external Zoom meetings under each contact or lead for a given meeting.
If you would like to join an external Zoom meeting, follow these steps:
- Click on External Zoom Meetings on the App Launcher after you have opened the App Launcher.
- Please enter the date range in which you would like Zoom meetings to be populated.
- Click on the Get Details button.
- You can choose whether to relate a contact or a lead to your account.
- For the selected meetings, click on the Create Events button.
Note: It is possible to display up to 2700 records in external Zoom Meetings in the last month. It may be necessary to reduce the time interval so that fewer than 2700 records are displayed if you receive an error message.
How to view reports
Then click the Zoom Report button under the Report tab. In this folder, you will find three different types of reports:
- Zoom Events: All events involving Zoom meetings are included in this report. It includes the following information: Subject, Start Date, Account, Contact, and Opportunity information.
- All Zoom Meetings by Status: In this report, you will find all events involving a Zoom Meeting grouped according to the status of that Zoom Meeting. Report information includes the following information: Title (Zoom Meeting topic), Start Time, End Time, Duration (in minutes), Number of Participants and Participants in the Zoom Meeting.
- All Zoom Meetings by User by User Status: Throughout this report, you will find all events that have a Zoom Meeting associated with them, grouped by User and then by Zoom Meeting Status. As part of the report, the following information is included: Subject (the topic of the Zoom Meeting), Start Time, End Time, Duration (in minutes), Participant Count, and Participants.