This post was most recently updated on July 23rd, 2022
The main company number you selected when you set up your Zoom account can be viewed or changed by the account owner or admin since you are the one who chose it. If an external caller calls the main company number and dials the extension of the user, they will be able to reach the user by calling the company’s main number and their extension. Phone users can also use it as their caller ID when making calls by using it as their caller ID when using their phones.
Note: A main company number will be assigned to the main auto receptionist of the company. To put it another way, when you dial the main company number, the main auto receptionist will be contacted. Having a number that is assigned to the official receptionist of your main site is the main company number if you have multiple locations.
The following topics are covered in this article:
- How change the main company number
- How to re-assign a phone number to the main company number
- How to change the main company or site caller ID name
- There are three types of accounts available: Professional, Business, and Education
- Ownership of an account or admin privileges on the account
- License for Zoom Phone is required
How to change the main company number
During the initial setup of your company, you will be given the option to choose your main company number. For viewing or changing the main company number of your company, please follow these steps.
- You will need to sign into Zoom’s web portal in order to access the service.
- Select Phone System Management from the navigation menu, and then select Phone Numbers from the submenu.
- Click on the Assigned tab on the left hand side of the screen.
At the top of the page, you will see the main company number.
- The main company number can be changed by clicking the drop-down menu at the top of the screen. Either of the following options is available to you:
- There are a number of numbers assigned to the main auto reception system that you can choose from. It is likely that the main auto receptionist will continue to use the previous main company number.
- Delete your unassigned number by clicking Select an unassigned number. Then click Confirm to confirm that you want to use an unassigned number. If you want to buy a new phone number, you can also click Get Numbers on the left side menu. You can choose from the following options:
- Replace & Keep: If the selected number is not available, then the previous number of the main company will be replaced with the selected number. If your company previously had a main number, then you can assign that number to the new company.
- Note: In order to see this option, you must have a phone number license that is available for use.
- Replace & Delete: The main company number will be replaced with the selected number, and the old number will be deleted after the new number is applied. There are two phone number licenses that are used in this case.
How to re-assign a phone number to the main company number
The following steps will show you how to assign a direct number to the main company number and the main auto receptionist if you have a direct number assigned to a phone user, call queue, common area phone, or Zoom Room.
Note: Furthermore, you can change the number assigned to any phone user, call queue, common phone area, auto receptionist, or Zoom Room.
- Log into the Zoom web portal by entering your username and password.
- Click Phone System Management from the navigation menu, then click Phone Numbers from the menu.
- The main company number can be assigned to any number you want by clicking on the number you want to assign.
- You can unbind a phone user, a room, a call queue, or the name of an auto receptionist by clicking the Unbind button next to Assigned To.
- Please click on the Yes button to confirm your decision. You will be able to see the number on the list of unassigned numbers once it has been assigned.
- You will find the Assigned tab on the left side of the screen.
At the top of the page, there is a display of the main company number.
- Choosing an unassigned number can be done by clicking on the drop-down menu.
- After you have selected a number from the list of unassigned numbers, click on the Confirm button to confirm your choice. Choose one of the following options from the following list:
- Replace & Keep: This number can be substituted for the current main company number, and the existing number can be kept as well. This number can be assigned to the company that previously had that number as its main number.
- Note: To be able to see this option, you need to have a license for a phone number that is available.
- Replace & Delete: I would like to let you know that I have replaced the main company number with the selected number, then deleted the previous main company number. It is the same license that is used for the phone number.
How to change the main company or site caller ID name
When an outbound call is made from the organization, the name of the caller is displayed on the caller ID. It is important to remember that if you have multiple sites, you need to change each site’s caller ID name individually. It is not possible for you to change the name of a specific user’s caller ID.
- In order to use the caller ID service, you need to use a phone number in the US or Canada.
- Because of the process involved in determining your outbound caller ID name, the parties receiving your call will not be able to see the new caller ID right away. The process of updating the new caller ID name for external providers can take anywhere between 3 weeks and a month.
- There can only be one main company number assigned to your organization, even if there are multiple sites in your organization. A caller ID name that will be applied to the main company number is the one that will be used for the main site.
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging in to your account.
- You will need to click on Phone System Management in the navigation menu, then click on Company Info in the next menu.
- To change your account settings, click on the Account Settings link.
- Depending on whether you have more than one site, you can choose one of the following options:
- If you enabled multiple sites:
- To edit a site, you will need to click its name, then click the Settings tab, and then you will be able to edit the site.
- It is possible to disable multiple sites at the same time:
- To access your account settings, click on the Account Settings link.
- Click on the Change button next to the current Caller ID name in the section called Caller ID Names.
- Click on Save after you have entered a new name for your caller ID.
Note:There are some restrictions that apply to the caller ID name.
- A maximum of 15 characters can be used in the message
- If you specify all uppercase letters in Zoom Phone, all letters will be displayed in all caps no matter how you set it up
- Special characters are not allowed to be used in the password