Zoom Client can be launched in Google Chrome by clicking on Launch Application. Chrome may have remembered to do nothing according to your selection of “Do Nothing” while you selected “Remember my choice for all links of this type” option, inducing it to do nothing when requesting Zoom.
Please follow the instructions below for removing this setting and allowing the application to run.
- Google Chrome should be closed now.
- Browse to C:/Users/[USER]/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data/Default in File Explorer
- or use a text editor to open the Preferences file.
- The “Zoommtg” entry can be found under “protocol_handler” > “excluded_schemes” – and you can delete it by doing the following:
- Make sure that the file is saved and closed.
- Once the file is saved and closed, launch Zoom again.
- Close the Google Chrome browser.
- In the top left corner of the desktop, click Go, and then click Go to Folder… on the upper left side of the screen.
- Type */Library into the search box.
- If you click */Library, then click Application Support, followed by Google, followed by Chrome, and then the Default option.
- Open up the Preferences file in a text editor like TextEdit or another application like TextEdit.
- If you are looking for “zoommtg” – it should be under “protocol_handler” > “excluded_schemes” – and you would like to remove that line:
- Save the file and close it.
- Launch Zoom again and proceed with the meeting.
Read it also –
|How To Launch Zoom From A Web Browser|
|Zoom Launcher Plug In|
|Launching An App Or Url During Inbound Calls In Zoom App|
|After Launching Pc Macmini Zoom Room Starts Up Automatically Can I Change The Settings|
Frequently Asked Questions
WHY IS Zoom not working on Chrome?
Zoom Chromebook app will soon be no longer be available for Chromebooks, and it will be replaced by another app. Earlier this month, 9to5Google published an article informing Chromebook users that the video conferencing platform will be shutting down its Chromebook app by the end of August 2022 due to a change in protocol that will require the application to shut down.
Why is Zoom not launching my meeting?
There is a problem with Zoom not launching
There is no need to reinstall Zoom if this issue is simply resolved by uninstalling it and installing it again. Next you might need to go to your browser settings and see if there is any Zoom plugin installed, if there is, then you will probably need to remove it and re-add it once Zoom has been able to launch successfully. This will require going to your browser settings and searching for Zoom plugins installed.
How do I get my Zoom Open in app instead of browser?
Ensure that your device is equipped with the Zoom app before you begin.
A web browser (such as Chrome) should be opened.
Using the keyboard shortcut, you are able to open a private/incognito browser window: Windows: Ctrl + Shift + N. For Macs: Command + Shift + N.
Open the zoom.us.app by clicking the Open button when prompted.
For the Zoom meeting, a new tab will open in the browser for Zoom.
Does Zoom work with Google Chrome?
In the Chrome address bar, an icon will appear next to your Zoom Chrome extension. In order to open the Zoom extension for Chrome, click on the Zoom button. When you register for a Zoom account, you will have the option of signing in with either the Google, the email, or SSO method, if you already have one.
Why is my Zoom meeting not responding?
Your computer needs to be restarted. The screen may still freeze on some occasions, and Zoom might still crash after a restart if this occurs. In this case, you may be able to use a Mac application, such as Photo Booth or Facetime, to see if the camera works there. In the case of Zoom clients that do not work in other countries, it is advised to uninstall them and install the latest version from our Download Center if this works in other countries as well.