When your organization purchases a Zoom account, you will have access to more features and be able to license your users with Zoom licenses. Several users in your organization may be using Zoom using individual user accounts, if you have not already invited them to join your organization’s Zoom account. It is important that you invite these users to your organization’s parent account in order for them to be able to take advantage of your account. In the event that they accept your invitation, individual users with paid accounts will receive a refund for the remainder of their subscription period.
The prerequisites for adding users to a paid account
- Admin or Owner access
- Paid account
What is the best way to add users to a website
- Please sign in to your Zoom account.
- Click on User Management, then click Users.
- Click Add Users.
- You will be prompted to enter details about the users you wish to add. Your account will be set up and the user(s) will receive an email inviting them to join your account. Click on the Pending section of the User Management page to see if the invitation has been accepted yet or if it is still awaiting acceptance.There must already be an email address that exists, as well as the ability to receive emails from outside. emails.
- Please refer to this article for more details on how to add users to your account.
Best practices when inviting users
- The quick start guide for this process is located at the bottom of this page as an attachment if you would like to download it.
- ZOOM strongly encourages each owner/administrator to reach out to each individual user before an invite is sent, so that they know what to expect and why they are receiving an email in the first place.
- In those cases where you invite Licensed users to join your paid account for free as Basic users, be aware that if they accept the invitation, these users will be deprived of any of the features available to Licensed users, such as recording to the cloud and holding team meetings lasting more than 40 minutes.
- In the event that licenses need to be assigned to basic users later, this is a possibility.
- You can also use Single Sign-On and Domain Associating to add users to the system.
- Your email account will be notified of the credit amount that will be transferred to your account in the event that a prorated credit has been transferred from another user’s account. If your account is set up for autopay, this credit will be automatically applied to future invoices when your account is set up for autopay. It is possible for you to apply your Credit Card credit to an open invoice by contacting Billing by chat if your account has Net terms.
Read it also –
|How To Upgrade An Existing Plan In Zoom App|
|Processing For Zoom Existing Users When Linking With Sso|
How users accept an invitation
- You will receive an email similar to this one which will be sent to every user who is invited to your account:
- In order to accept the invitation, the user will be asked to click on the hyperlink or copy and paste it into their web browser.
- Those users who already own a paid account will be able to select whether they would like to have a prorated refund of their current subscription returned using their own payment method or if they would like to transfer the prorated credit balance to the new account they are joining.
- There is a balance due on your account, and not a prorated credit or refund. This shows the current amount owed on your account. In the event that you have outstanding invoices, you will not be able to join another account.
- Once the above steps have been completed, the user can log in as usual by navigating to zoom.us and logging in. Your organization now has the user as a member of their account.
- The refund should settle on your original payment method within 3 to 5 business days if you choose to receive it back on the method you used to complete your purchase.
- There may still be users on your account that cannot accept the invitation due to the error 1009, so they will need to be deleted, unlinked, or invited to the other account before the owner of the other account is able to accept it. In a second scenario, you may have an existing Zoom Room that needs to be deleted on the Zoom Rooms page before you can accept the invitation.
- Prior to accepting an invitation to a new account, if you have previously requested cancellation on your existing account before accepting the invitation, you will be notified that you must first remove the cancellation request. Click the Reactivate Plan button on the Billing page. In order to succeed in reactivating your account, you will need to accept an invitation to the new account, and by accepting it, you will be issued a prorated credit/refund for the unused portion of your plan.
- In the event that you accept the invitation and join the account, the following details will be transferred to your account:
- Your profile details (name, profile picture, time zone, etc)
- Scheduled meetings and webinars
- Cloud recordings
- IM history
It is possible that your settings will be changed if they conflict with the settings of your new account or the settings of the group you are joining. Licences such as big meetings or webinars will not transfer over, so admins of the new account will need to assign these licenses to the new account. It is also worth noting that they will not receive any report data from the new account, so it is recommended that they access and download any necessary reports before accepting the invite to the new account. There is no difference between any IM history that has been transferred with the user to the new account, but any IM history that has already been transferred to the new account cannot be accessed by account admins on the new account.
- The webinar IDs and meeting IDs associated with an account with a new vanity URL will not be affected. However, the join links associated with the old vanity URL will be updated to the new vanity URL, resulting in attendees joining with the old vanity link being warned that the meeting they are joining is no longer associated with the account of the old vanity URL and potentially contributing to confusion. To prevent this, send out emails to any guests with the updated join URL and update the events on the calendar with the new link. You can also resend the confirmation email sent with the registration.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add another licensed user to my Zoom account?
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by signing in to your Zoom account.
- The user management menu can be accessed by clicking User Management and then User Management.
- Adding a new account user is as simple as clicking on Add Users and following the instructions.
- Input the user’s information if you do not know it already. Email Address: If you have the email address of the user, then you can enter it here. …
- Add a new item by clicking on the Add button.
Can you share a paid Zoom account?
How do I add linked accounts to Zoom?
- In order to log in to your newly created Zoom account, you will need to sign in through the Zoom web portal.
- Go to the Account Management tab, then click on the Account Profile link in the navigation menu.
- A linked account will allow you to see the invitations that are pending as well as the accounts that are related to the organization once it has been linked to an organization. If you would like to invite additional accounts, you can also click on Invitation Account.
How much does it cost to add a licensed user to a Zoom account?
How do I activate my Zoom Pro account?
Your account will be created once you create one
Whether you’re new to Zoom or already have an account, please take a moment to sign up for a free account by entering your email address over on our Zoom sign-up page and clicking the “Continue” button. A no-reply email message will be sent to the email address you provide (firstname.lastname@example.org). Click the Activate Account button in the email that you received.